Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2306 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Of topic.
    But I was writing to text and was typing Kylie. And my auto type was suggesting the other Kylie.
    Now I'm mad at my phone.

Back on topicish
    That version of Head is actually OK.

2. Can we agree that the version of 'Get outta my way' from the 'Kiss me once' tour is the only live version that captures the pure bop-ness of the song?

3. Yes, I think you could be right there.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  4. Just played this:

Such an underrated song from the debut.

Shelby '68, Womanizer, 4Roses and 8 others like this.
  5. Should have been the last single.

dell321, elektroxx, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  6. Good choice.

7. Never knew Look My Way sampled this, although, never heard of the song before so that will explain it!

8. speaking of Look My Way

Shameless self promotion…

9. When I think of all the samples that are brazenly used in the PWL albums, I genuinely wonder how Pete got away with it (okay, sampling in pop and the legal process around it was still in its infancy) even as it's so brazenly done by Lets Get To It. And I bet you Pete would come down on you like a ton of bricks if you sampled him and he found out. He wouldn't be Mr Pop Anarchist of the Music Industry then.

lob0to, Womanizer, blod and 2 others like this.
  10. Ironically he did just that with M/A/R/R/S in an effort to prevent Never Gonna Give You Up from being toppled from #1.

lob0to and blod like this.
  11. Is Put Yourself In My Place Kylie's best song? Maybe so.

12. It's definitely her best ballad.

13. It may be just that. It's timeless and if I'm being honest, I prefer it to Confide In Me.

14. Put Yourself In My Place is such a sexy song. That thick 90's base line instantly does it for me.

Of course I love that whole era.

Yet it really gets me that song.

15. The biggest shock sample being of course Janet Jackson's iconic spoken "I hope you enjoy this as much as I do" from Control on Too Much Of A Good Thing.

heartmightmelt and blod like this.
  16. Since we're discussing KM94, I miss Kylie utilizing her lower register like she did on KM94.

roblognick, lob0to, Wayne1978 and 3 others like this.
  17. To be honest, I think her vocals on KM94 sound a bit forced. It's especially noticeable in Dangerous Game for example where it sounds like she's pushing down her larynx so her voice sounds deeper.
    In my opinion, she sounds the most balanced on Light Years, but I do appreciate how she is able to transport so much emotion and many different nuances with her voice today.

AlmostFamous likes this.
  18. I always feel the album should have been called 'Look my way'. It is a perfect title for a debut.

Definitely not single worthy though.

19. I mean the same album had It's No Secret as a single, why not.

Anjoel40 and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.