Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2329 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Seems like a "Marry The Night" for Born This Way Tenth Anniversary

2. Kylie (potentially) covering Gaga is not something I ever thought we'd see, but I am here for it. A proper collab would be nice too.
    I do see her more as a Highway Unicorn girl than a Marry The Night one though.

elektroxx likes this.
  3. I didn't know which thread to post this in, so I guess that I'll post it in both. This surprisingly works well, aside from the bridge where Kylie seems to be stumbling on her words. I do wish that there was more of a reinterpretation though, as it is a pretty straightforward cover.

Anjoel40 and ohaimanabu like this.
  4. Her version is faster so she seems to struggle to get them out fast enough. Still love it though.

elektroxx likes this.
  5. The middle 8 of this cover is fucking amazing. The whole thing is. Jesus Christ.

Ddarko77 likes this.
  6. Disagree, that's how it's sung.

Princeuk likes this.
  7. I was shocked to see a color version of this from the 1994 book years later only to find that the mohair thing she's wearing was bright red!

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...tion_360_a3b532ccd34e8352dd9f83c86b015337.jpg

Faceintheleaves likes this.
  8. And what a treat it was too this!

9. Maybe I am just not used to hearing Kylie sing like that.

10. I'm absolutely loving that cover of Marry The Night.

Obviously, this is nothing compared to the original and Kylie's voice is too thin for that song. But it's exactly what I would imagine Kylie covering that song would sound like.

11. Where could I buy the cd of Born this way 10th anniversary edition ? It's not on any Amazon I checked and it's not in the Gaga shop at official site.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I've been overly obsessed with The One lately and I needed to post about it. The whole X era is so underrated.

4Roses, RRS, rav4boy and 8 others like this.
  13. "The One" is truly transcendent. Such a simple chorus, but it takes me to gay heaven.

Or maybe that's just the needy bottom part of me.

4Roses, Overdose, Andsov and 4 others like this.
  14. I played it in my music theory class way back in 2008 and it was magical. None of them knew who Kylie was but I remember seeing everyone's face light up with joy. I also remember telling the class, this is what it feels like to be gay haha.

15. The One is every shade of perfection.

Ddarko77 likes this.
  16. The One definitely deserved a "main stage" single status. Not the 5th "add on" it got.

blod likes this.
  17. At least The One has (rightfully) become a regular tour staple since.

actorandlyricist and AndrewX like this.
  18. [​IMG]
    finally getting round to organising my Kylie collection on Apple Music and my alternative artwork is looking good if I do say so myself

19. I love these, did you make them yourself?

SecretSatisfaction likes this.
  20. I love the cover but one wee thing that bugs me is it sounds like she doesn’t finish “fishnet” at ‘Down the street that I love
    In my fishnet gloves
    I'm a sinner’

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.