Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2367 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I love how Kylie has a similar vocal delivery to Madonna's in the verses to Alone Again.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  2. Was it though? That always felt like The Sun making a story out of a song title. How many times have we read a story from them about A List singer's new comeback single and the source is a song title that fans discovered on ASCAP or was name-dropped by a co-writer in a casual interview.

3. It is! That version started disapearing on later editions of the album.

actorandlyricist likes this.

4. This is soooo good to see after all these years.
    Interesting to note that she’s performing to a slightly different (better?) mix.

5. wow loved that. Thank you. She looked stunning during this era

Rei Ayanami, mcuk, discoteca and 2 others like this.
  6. Such an interesting watch, she looked stunning here and then some. Totally worlds apart from the Cute Kylie image of just a couple years ago.

Rei Ayanami, Adora Day and blod like this.
  7. That intro was in some of the 12" mixes of the song, I wish they kept in the single version as well, it sounds so good.

Juango, WhatKindOfKylie? and blod like this.
  8. It really does.

9. Step Back In Time, is truly of the best Kylie singles for me.

10. There is a clip of the song in White Diamond, also Kylie talked about it.

Juango likes this.
  11. At no point in White Diamond did they say "and this was supposed to be a double A-side with "Come into My World"".

elektroxx likes this.
  12. RJF

RJF

"Come Into My World" is one of Kylie's best ever tracks. It's just so... lovely.

13. Are there different versions of it on the various Fever variants then? I didn’t know that.

14. And the music video is phenomenal, too.

15. Early pressings have the 4:30 version, then once it became a single it's the 4:05 version on later pressings.

Interestingly, some releases from the 2010s have the 4:30 length according to Discogs.

16. electrosamurai likes this.
  17. Going back to my original point - I never implied the song didn't exist, just that it was the press who reported it was going to be a double A-side. Nobody from Kylie's team confirmed any of this was ever a thing.

And therefore, it's an example of a song title becoming known about and the press making a story out of it.

18. Oh wow I didn’t know. Mine is the 4:05 version. Sad face.

19. "I don't think Madonna has ever given a song to another artist," Kylie.

I don't think we can just blame the press as this is a direct Kylie quote. Sounds like Kylie's team started talking about this song, it didn't pan out in 2002 for whatever reason but it was used in 2007.

electrosamurai likes this.
  20. Didn't White Diamond have excertps of other unreleased songs as well? I don't remember which ones, maybe Lose Control?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.