Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2376 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Yesterday I saw something on Instagram about a Soulwax remix of Head. Did I dream it? I can’t find the post anywhere now.

2. This remix? believe they did two
    I

moorje likes this.
  3. The definitive version of the song

4. Yes, it was a hidden track on 2 Many DJs: As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt.2.

Shuey and Chris Lala like this.
  5. Yes, that’s it! Thank you.

I can’t say I love it as much as Fischerspooners remix of Come Into My World. What a bop.

moorje likes this.
  6. Will always unironically be a 2001 VB stan (my avatar duh) but there is no denying that something about Not Such An Innocent Girl felt off from the start and could never compete with the sheer effortlessness of Can't Get You Out of My Head. A song that to this days sounds timeless and 'cool', in fact it just gets better and better.

For me, the only version is the album version. No live performance ever did it for me, especially not the 'rock' versions.

heartmightmelt and iveivan like this.
  7. There’s also the one the Les Folies mix was based on:

elektroxx likes this.
  8. Lest we forget that Posh only lost to Spiller/Sophie at the final hurdle.

9. Can't Get You Out of My Head was actually my introduction to Kylie. I was 8 years old and was obsessed with the music video, then one day at Walmart I shoplifted the Fever CD. I don't even really remember why I didn't just beg my parents to buy it (maybe I did and they said no), but I got home and poured over every song with such focus. Partly because it was my secret little album, partly because the music was just so different to everything else I had (I was particularly rinsing Laundry Service and Blu Cantrell at the time). I've since replaced that stolen copy (that was beyond scratched by the end) with the Japanese reissue that gathered most of the b-sides, but boy what a moment Head was for me.

Love at First Sight was probably the moment I became a stan. I remember feeling so happy she wasn't a one-hit wonder now in the US, having no clue she had already scored a big hit in the 80's!

Crisp X, Island, Stopremix and 10 others like this.
  10. Kylie's first week sales in 2000 weren't a patch on either of "Out of Your Mind"/"Groovejet"'s, so Posh's team might have thought there was a good chance that Posh's fanbase could compete with Kylie's, at least initally, right up until it became obvious to anyone that Kylie's single was on fire. I'd have loved to have been there that day when the midweek came out... it wasn't even going to be a chart battle, Kylie left her in the dust from the get go.

Princeuk likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

[​IMG]
    QUOTE OF THE WEEK
    Kylie Minogue: "What? Jason Donovan gay??!! Bullshit! Jason is a real man and I should know!"

The 80s were wild.

HorseTears and Juango like this.
  12. As did DJ Otzi, Alien Ant Farm, Bob the Builder, and Shaggy ddd.
    *gasps* The criminality! Right here on my Popjustice! How could you deprive, um, the biggest company in America of, um, like $15?

13. I started elementary school in 2002 and me and some of my classmates would exchange mix CDs. I remember "Mix CD 2" started with Jamelia's Superstar followed by Can't Get You Out Of My Head. What a one-two punch! I was not a big radio listener, nor did I have any self-awareness regarding music, so I didn't even know whose songs I was listening to.

Imagine my face in 2015 when my crush sends me All The Lovers, I check out the Aphrodite Les Folies DVD and the hits start coming up. I had no idea it would be the Head / Spinning Around / Love At First Sight lady. I'm so happy to have Kylie and her songs in my life.

VivaForever and Atletico like this.
  14. The scream is it was attached to one of those tall, plastic stands that superstores used to have. I had it shoved into my pants AND the detectors went off as we left the store. They just waved my dad right along because he clearly only bought the few items in his bag. Maybe the loss prevention person was a hunty that day?

15. Proving once again my theory that you can get away with almost anything as long as you look like you know what you're doing.

discoteca likes this.
  16. ‘Real man’? Hmmmmm, the implication that gay men aren’t real men? Wow

biffy77, Liberty and actorandlyricist like this.
  17. Off-topic, but what made Alien Ant Farm's "Smooth Criminal" jump up from No. 79 to No. 3? That's a massive jump.

lushLuck and Wayne1978 like this.
  18. Imports of the European CD singles.

actorandlyricist and elektroxx like this.
  19. It was the 80's and it has probably been translated from English, to other languages and back to English again and the original statement/sentiment has become somewhat distorted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.