Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2380 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Am I the only one who much prefers the original album mix of Come into my World?

On all streaming services (sigh) you can only hear the breathier single remix. Very disappointing. I cannot find my Fever CD from 2001, so I am trying to find a MP3 of the original album mix.

2. I love the original about as equally as the radio version, if not more. The intro on the original alone is so much better and I hate the way she sings the first “heart” in the radio version.

linum likes this.
  3. All my old CD's are 950km's north of me @ the moment. eBay had the original '01 Aussie album (CD) for $5.
    Done.

I just find the album version dancier which I like.

4. Ddd… I actually find it more chill and laid back.

linum likes this.
  5. You are right yes, it's dancey but her delivery just feels more chilled.

6. Taste!

7. It's a crime that someone with Kylie's back catalogue has so much material missing from streaming platforms. Single vs album versions, b-sides, many of the re-releases and let's not even go there on the epic remixes of BIG Brothers remix of Confide in Me and Where is the Feeling? (BIR Soundtrack), and a whole host of other mixes too no doubt. Her only pre Parlophone singles on Spotify are Lucky, The Loco-Motion, Got to be Certain and Confide in me (without said remix and b-sides!)

lushLuck and nikkysan like this.
  8. Not sure which country you’re in but in the UK all of her PWL singles are on Spotify

Anjoel40 likes this.
  9. Yeah there all there, including every mix and dub and b-side:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 10.47.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 10.47.39 AM.png

zephyr, WhatKindOfKylie? and Anjoel40 like this.
  10. They need to get the Decon remixes on streaming, particularly the Where is the Feeling mixes which are probably the best of her career.

11. Long overdue these I think.

zephyr likes this.
  12. Sometimes living in New Zealand isn’t as great as it sounds!

lushLuck and Adora Day like this.
  13. The original version always makes me think of the tour performance, so I tend to appreciate it more than the single mix.

14. I could come back to Confide In Me all the time. That intro..!

15. Ok well we need someone to check the ‘available in all countries’ button on the Spottifry.

craiggci and Vasilios like this.
  16. I live for that little build up into the chorus where it goes "oh won't you" and it sounds like they used two different takes and fused them back together, making the "you" unexpectedly powerful. Shame they removed it for the radio edit.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  17. That's my favourite part of the song too. But aren't these vocals by Cathy so maybe that's why they were removed?

18. It's likely a glitch at some point between the transfer of the rights to Kimberly Pty as all the PWL Australia/New Zealand releases were licensed to Mushroom and then Warner Australia in the early digital days, and for a long time the pre-Parlophone Kylie videos were only available on iTunes Aus/NZ.

linum likes this.
  19. I had no idea there was an album version!
    Is this it?

20. Yes. Cathy or not, it puts the single mix to shame.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.