Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2382 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. For some reason the UK version was easily available in Canada (at least for me anyway) and wasn't even priced as an import. It came out on the international release day rather than the American one and was on the new releases shelf next to In the Zone

2. Similar happened with me in America but it was the Australian edition. I love “Slo Motion” and don’t care for either of the North American bonus tracks so that was a win.

enhanced CD and Quimogen like this.
  3. The Australian edition of Body Language is the definitive one. The other bonus tracks and B-sides are cute too, but it's Slo Motion that is essential.

4. Rei Ayanami, OSHi and HMD like this.
  5. All this Slo Motion talk made me see whether I had it on my iPhone.
    I don't.
    And Australian iTunes now only has the 12 song album. So weird.

6. This. "Slo Motion" should've made the standard edition, tbh. It's that good.
    Unfortunately, it seems that the standard edition of the album is the digital version of the album. Spotify also only has the twelve track version.

7. Damn. My CD is 950km's north of me!!!

8. Slo Motion is so good. Top 5 of the era for me. I’ve replaced Promises with it. Honestly most of her co-writes were the best material of the era so it’s a shame only a few made it into the final tracklist.

elektroxx likes this.
  9. It's what she deserves!

The title layout and ripped white background are giving me Three.

10. Outside of the singles I didn't care too much for Fever as an album collection. 20 years on the album has aged really well and as a piece of work it's really strong. Dancefloor is still a bit basic though.

AlmostFamous and YourOwnThing like this.
  11. A legend. I can't believe how much I love her.

12. Other than the singles my go to tracks from Fever are the title track, Your Love and Burning Up. Whilst I do like the album it’s nowhere near the top tier for me based on her back cat. The highs though are very high!

AbSynth and Andsov like this.
  13. I’m the same it’s not in my top tier of her albums but like you say the singles are elite and a couple of amazing album tracks, Fever and Fragile for me. In Your Eyes are Love At First Sight are 2 of her best ever songs.

14. Fever, Love Affair, and Head are all amazing. Love at First Sight, Fragile, and Burning Up are really great. And Tightrope is a career high.

15. Tightrope is certainly top 10 Kylie for me.

16. Why they didn't swap out Dancefloor for Tightrope is a mystery.

17. Wasn't Tightrope not finished at the time Fever was pressed?

burntoutcar and elektroxx like this.
  18. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I've come to realize that Fever really is one of Kylie's greatest works.

19. Fever sounds like 2001 but it doesn't sound dated. That is a rare feat in music that I don't think you can actually plan for.

Kylie herself has said it, the stars were aligned for that album.

Womanizer, Mr.Arroz, Island and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.