Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2391 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. If I was a product manager at one of those label catologue divisions I absolutely would be sneaking in all my faves b-sides and misc tracks through the back door with these compilations.

Stopremix and Juango like this.
  2. You can buy previous vinyl re-releases on discog.com and at competitive prices.

Cowboystyle and AndrewX like this.
  3. And Heartstrings and Mighty Rivers!

AlmostFamous and lushLuck like this.
  4. Love Go Hard Or Go Home, great B-side!

Adora Day likes this.
  5. Currently playing this underrated album before work:
    [​IMG]

So many strong songs here and a very enjoyable listen. Now far away from it's "campaign" in 2014, it's even more easier and enjoyable to listen too.

6. I know, for all the hate - this album does have some good songs. If Only, Feels so Good, Kiss Me Once (although I would love to hear a less noisy version of it) - I even like Million Miles.

7. I definitely agree that separated from its campaign, the album is a lot more enjoyable. At the time, Kiss Me Once was a collection of missed opportunities and much more exciting avenues that were flirted with but not completely embraced. However, I find myself enjoying a majority of Kiss Me Once. The only tracks that I'd rather never listen to again are "Beautiful," "Mr President" and "Sexy Love."

8. I was listening to Steve Anderson on the Unsung Heroes podcast and he said they delivered a 12 track album to Deconstruction for Impossible Princess, before BMG tweaked it and brought the manics in.

Was the original tracklisting (in some form) ever revealed?

9. This was the tracklisting pre Manics
    • Impossible Princess [later retitled 'Dreams' and included on the album]
    • (All Right) Now [remains unreleased]
    • You're The One [remains unreleased but leaked onto the Internet]
    • Looking Down On Me [remains unreleased]
    • Love Takes Over Me [released as a b-side]
    • Drunk [included on album]
    • Cowboy Style [included on album]
    • Did It Again (Clever Girl) [included on album]
    • Stay With You [remains unreleased]
    • Take Me With You [leaked then later released]
    • Stay This Way [leaked then later released]
    • Free [not confirmed to have been recorded but performed live]
    • Miles [remains unreleased]

Womanizer, Robert, cleggar and 8 others like this.
  10. Thank god for the Manics. I love their songs with KM.

11. I’ve always liked the album despite its singles, but I do wish they went bold with releasing a triple disc mood affair that they alluded to existing. “Mr President” and “Les Sex” remain my favorite tracks off Kiss Me Once.

I would rather have had “Take Me With You” and “Love Takes Over Me” on the album than either of the Manic contributions.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  12. SBK

SBK

13. actorandlyricist likes this.
  14. Carlo likes this.
  15. blaze_dave likes this.
  16. I’m thankful for the tinkering that saw Limbo and Breathe included.

Also, unless the unreleased songs are bangers this is not the strongest collection of songs for an album. Stay This Way is something different for fans to listen to but doesn't belong on any album. Same as Take Me With You.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  17. Yes, at the time, it did seem to be a case of "what if", even more so after Kylie had signed to Rocnation. But take that aside and on it's own as an album, it does stand up quite well.

18. It’s being reported that she’s moving back to Australia after spending a lot of time during pandemic there.

popdorian and YourLeadSinger like this.
  19. #brexitmeansbrexit

Lucas, burntoutcar, Mikey1701 and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.