Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2418 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I think since the BMG deal there has been an effort to promote the back catalogue while still getting new stuff out.

And the 20th anniversary seemed to be everywhere in the media for about 2 weeks.

Cowboystyle likes this.
  2. DISCO: Guest List Edition - VOTING

So I'm currently isolating with a certain virus, and considering we've had DISCO for over a year and have now comfortably lived with the new tracks, I'm doing a re-ranking! Rules are the same as always: individually give each song a score out of 10, and give ONE song, i.e your favourite, an 11. Don't rank them 1-19. Votes close in a week, VOTE HERE!

Juango likes this.
  3. Fever, is truly iconic and an album I've loved and appreciated even more over the years.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  4. This is simply not true, if you do not like it ok but you can not detract from the song just for that, the numbers and those of Earta Kitt do not lie, Santa Baby is one of the most popular Christmas songs and the general public loves it and there's nothing wrong with that

5. On another topic I have been remixing more Kylie tracks and chosen 1 of her more "divisive" singles to mess around with....so find a link to Wow below. I hope you like! Still possibly works in progress but I had fun changing the instrumentation up to create this.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  6. Your house music beat works well with the song. Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

7. Many thanks - glad you like!

Juango likes this.
  8. Not everyone can pull off Santa Baby (Madonna, Shakira). The vocals are either right or wrong, there's not really a middle ground with the song.

The Eartha Kitt and Kylie versions are the definitive versions of the song and it's a credit to both of these legends to say their names in the same sentence.

Vonchol, HEARTCORE, Leogin and 2 others like this.
  9. Completely agree. It can't be earnest or soulful (with lyrics as ridiculous as that you need truckloads of self-awareness) but it can't be too cutesy and baby-like cause that just sounds wrong. Kylie is an absolute master of tongue-in-cheek though so I'm really not surprised she nailed it. Eartha too.

Please tell me you've heard "Oh Santa".

10. Out of the thirteen zillion versions of Santa Baby that exist, there are three good ones. Taylor Swift, Robbie Williams, and Miss Piggy.

I said what I said.

11. You should have stayed quiet.

12. Great job and thanks for sharing!

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  13. So it's good because it's popular?

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  14. It's good because people like myself, like it, which should be a good enough reason for you.

15. Well, who would have thought Santa Baby was so divisive?
    Happy Christmas people.

Volumi likes this.
  16. I love music journalists giving Kylie praise. She's often 'overlooked' because she's "more a pop star, less an artist" but this Australian article hits the nail on the head.

17. I mean, I'm willing to entertain this if you admit that every song I like is amazing.

18. To you, yes. Just like every song I like is great to me.

19. And every song I think is dire is dire to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.