Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2518 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Using the font / logo of every single was iconic though?

4Roses, LPT, Cowboystyle and 29 others like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah it's the lack of Timebomb and the very random choices (Celebration??? Give Me Just A Little More Time?) for me. A one-disc Greatest Hits of hers is always gonna feel a bit disjointed (cause the SAW sound stands out so much between everything that came afterwards) but there's been better tracklists for the kind of compilations some labels churn out to cash in long after an artist has been dropped.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  3. Wasn't the reason Celebration / Give Me Just A Little More Time were easier to licence from PWL being covers? The latter was a huge hit too.

Staticboombox and Mvnl like this.
  4. Happy birthday to Kylie!

5. The best thing about that release was the back cover!

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

There probably was a reason for it, and Celebration obviously gets the casuals going but already felt like a 'will this do?' filler on its original Greatest Hits. I'm not even sure what I'd replace them with (Hand On Your Heart and Especially For You maybe?) A new song to make it feel more like an era might have helped, even if just Timebomb. As it was it feels like it was just.. not it?

blod likes this.
  7. How have I just noticed Hand On Your Heart and Especially for You aren't on a Kylie GREATEST HITS album?! I brought the album to help struggling artist Kylie Minogue, but I kept going back to Ultimate Kylie.

blod, iveivan and Mvnl like this.
  8. On a single CD?

Spiral likes this.
  9. It has been done before. It all depends on the length of the tracks.

10. This is beyond basic, but looking at the helvetica (?) typeface from that GH used across the entire Light Years era gets me so fucking wet.

Coochi, luluthecat and lushLuck like this.
  11. Anyone else enjoying Song By Song?

12. Yeah, one of the reasons the compilation was so bad was because PWL hiked up the prices of licensing songs. They knew this would be their last real chance at making money on the tracks because Kylie would get the license to them in a few years' time, so they tried to rinse Parlophone for what it was worth. Locomotion, Give Me Just a Little More Time and Tears On My Pillow were all covers, so they didn't have to go through PWL to get the tracks.

Thank god we have Step Back in Time! Let me listen to it again in celebration of Miss Minogue's birthday.

blod, WhatKindOfKylie? and Mvnl like this.
  13. She wouldn't fit 25 of her hits onto 1 CD. They would all need to be 3 minutes or under.

14. 2 Discs so should have been issued for The Best Of Kylie Minogue. As rightfully already pointed out @HEARTCORE , thank goodness for Step Back In Time! It's only odd admission there was Finer Feelings.

Wayne1978, blod and Anjoel40 like this.
  15. I’d imagine all of this to be true, but then why choose Never Too Late over What Do I HaveTo Do/Shocked/Step Back In Time/Hand On Your Heart?

WhatKindOfKylie? and Mvnl like this.
  16. Happy birthday to the goddess Min!

Wayne1978 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  17. That was the oddest thing-and to end the album with it too!

blod and Mvnl like this.
  18. Here is a little list I made on twitter

Juango and burntoutcar like this.
  19. Was the cheaper song probably.

blod and heartmightmelt like this.
  20. It was Kylie’s 368th greatest hits collection. I don’t know why anyone cared about it at all nn.

AlmostFamous, sjoe71 and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.