Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Re: General Kylie discussion

Surely it's easier to shoot the bastard?

2. Re: General Kylie discussion

Fine, but I'm not cleaning up

3. Re: General Kylie discussion

Hmmm. This thread has suddenly turned nasty already.

You know, I do like those arrowhead swimming briefs that Will has for sale.

4. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Re: General Kylie discussion

Without Willy I doubt Kylie's comeback would have ever been as succesful as it was.
    Do you think she came up with the golden hotpants, white satin dress in CGYOOMH and more iconic outfits/designs? I think it's idiotic to put all the blame on him, when it's obvious how much he has done for her career as well. But neglecting that to protect our very own popstar must be easier...

5. Re: General Kylie discussion

I was being tongue in cheek about all the opprobrium Will Baker receives, sorry if that didn't come through

6. Re: General Kylie discussion

Yes, me too. This is what I mean about all the seriousness on these boards as of late.

7. Still_FMW

Still_FMW Guest

Boy, you lot really didn't help me at all. lol. I may just buy all three of them in a bulk-buy if I can find them cheap. Though I never see them anywhere, might have to buy used ones from Amazon

8. Re: General Kylie discussion

Have you got her singles? That's almost certainly the best place to start - if you haven't heard singles from Fever or BL for years it'd be wortwhile seeing how you think they hold up

9. Still_FMW

Still_FMW Guest

I have Ultimate Kylie and X. IMO the first disc is almost entirely worthless.

10. debord

debord Guest

Have you only heard 20 albums?!

(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

11. Re: General Kylie discussion

Of Ultimate Kylie? I dunno, there are a few good songs on it. "What Do I Have to Do?", "Shocked", "Better the Devil You Know", "Step Back In Time" et al.Even "Give Me Just a Little More Time" is decent too!

12. Re: General Kylie discussion

I was waiting for some sort of reply like that.

13. debord

debord Guest

Evidently!

14. Still_FMW

Still_FMW Guest

Disc one of Ultimate Kylie is pretty bad. Checking my iPod I only included Locomotion, Better the Devil You Know and What Do I Have To Do? Of disc two I included everything except Please Stay and Chocolate. Judging from just the singles I'd probably get Body Language first. From what I've read here, some love Fever, some hate it, same with Body Language and there appear to be no strong feelings at all for or against Light Years

15. debord

debord Guest

Disc one of Ultimate Kylie is brilliant!! The only ones I would ditch are 'Tears On My Pillow' and 'Celebration'.

16. Re: General Kylie discussion

'Light Years' is fantastic, if only for 'Your Disco Needs You'.

17. Re: General Kylie discussion

Strangely, i'd recomend Body Langauge first, and that's a bit of a surprise, coming from me.Of all concerned anyway.

18. Re: General Kylie discussion

HERESY!

19. Re: General Kylie discussion

I'm with this school of thought too. 'Light Years' is really the best and most consistent purely pop album she's done. The ethos being 'I'm pop: deal with it'. Everyone did, and then she got in a tizz about being 'pop' again and then... it's a whole cycle type of thing.

There are a couple of tracks I could live without on 'Light Years', but it's otherwise stuffed with riches.

I too think that 'X' is the best slbum she's done since then. Except that has a couple of tracks I outright LOATHE!

20. Re: General Kylie discussion

I'm still in the mind that 'Fever' should have been released as a single. Along with 'Your Disco Needs You' and 'Confide In Me', it's her best song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.