Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. debord

debord Guest

Re: General Kylie discussion

The giant skull was 'WOW' for about 2 minutes (though i was still distracted by the utterly random 'let's through another naked man in there' projection from before it) but it needed something else going on to keep interest. Especially at the actual show.

2. Re: General Kylie discussion

Whereabouts were your seats? I never noticed this happening.

3. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I wish they'd rerelease Kylie's previous albums in the way Dannii's 'Neon Nights' and 'Girl' were...

4. debord

debord Guest

We were very close and at the side. There were two 'pits' right in the middle of the stage and frequently throughout the show there would be stage crew setting props up mid song. I guess you couldn't see it watching straight from the front, that didn't even occur to me!

5. Re: General Kylie discussion

Saw the X2008 concert last night and loved it. Here's a quick list of my loves and hates of said concert

Loved
    - No More Rain
    - Ruffle My Feathers
    - The One
    - Flower
    - Like A Drug

Hated
    - 2 Hearts (that brass section was pointless and ruined it)
    - That posh dancing before On A Night Like This.
    - I Believe In You - Just fell flat really
    - Nu-di-ty - DULL DULL DULL
    - Sensitized

Of course everything else was amazing- well aside from the Japanese outfit. Urgh!

6. Re: General Kylie discussion

I think only Spinning Around / Got to be real was missed from last night's broadcast.

I suppose it would have seemed a bit weird to just stick it in there out of context.

The Nu-di-ty lyrics

A website says the lyrics are "Flash it in fashion with me"
    but i always thought it was "Flesh is in fashion with me"

Am i wrong? AM I?

I like Nu-di-ty a whole lot more after last night

7. Re: General Kylie discussion

I agree with you on it making me love the songs I love more. Sensitized though I have always really liked but the first time I saw it live I didn't think it worked live - I am another of those sad types that went more than twice! By the final time I thought it was brilliant! I don't think she changed it in any way though. Correct me if Im wrong.

8. !GiveIt2Me!

!GiveIt2Me! Guest

Maybe I'm more interested in having a real discussion about her, rather than "OMG I think LY is better than Fever!1!"

9. Re: General Kylie discussion

No one is writing like that in this thread, except you.

Get a new gimmick, it's just tedious.

10. Re: General Kylie discussion

I haven't watched it properly yet as I promised someone I'd wait to watch it with them on Monday but I watched bits of it inbetween Big Brother yesterday and the one thing I noticed that I failed to notice when I saw it live was the dancers spelling out WOW at the end of the song. That amazed me!

11. Re: General Kylie discussion

I know, it's so blink-and-you'll-miss-it. Can't understand for the life of me why they didn't hold the lights on that for longer, it looked wicked!

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'd like to see them try that for "Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi"...

I wish they'd shown it on a "main" channel like BBC1 or ITV.
    She could do with the exposure.

13. Re: General Kylie discussion

I'm pretty sure the recording will find its way on to channel 4 over the next few months, with a bit more overall advertising exposure too. I'd be suprised if they relegate it to constant re-run on 4-music. Seems a little bit of a waste.

x

14. Re: General Kylie discussion

Quite. Especially as it really did look amazing. And the I Should Be So Lucky finale at the end looked for all the world like it was the show's natural finale, rather than the sponteneous tag-on that got unceremoniously lopped out of several evenings.

15. debord

debord Guest

It's not a very 'casual fan' friendly show tho, is it? 'Showgirl' on channel 4 made sense as it was just hit after hit. No one but the hardcore would stick with this show for long.

16. Re: General Kylie discussion

Possibly, but I'm not sure. If you're tuning in for a Kylie concert, I can't think there's anything about the X tour would make even the casual fan change channels; it transmitted as a fun, efficient and thrilling concert. The crowd seemed really into it; I'm not sure on either of the nights I attended in Manchester they'd have been able to capture quite as much excitment. And certainly no balloons. I feel shortchanged. Where's my balloon, damnit?!

I loved 'Showgirl', and agree that it was far more value for money for the casual fan, but there was more energy and choreography in X, for very understandable reasons, and for me X just about has the edge.

17. debord

debord Guest

The casual fans at the London gig I went to looked bored to tears during much of the ‘X’ material. It was my friend who pointed out the utter boredom on loads of faces during the ‘Sensitized/Nu-di-ty’ section of the show. The Showgirl tour was broadcast on a Sat night on Channel 4 and would have been a good ‘let’s get drunk with it on in the background and sing along’ kind of thing. ‘X’ wouldn’t. Can you honestly see someone who isn’t a big Kylie fan already spending over 2 hours watching a show where they won’t know most of the songs?!

18. moorje

moorje Guest

Well you could apply that same reasoning to Madonna's Confession tour which was mainly album material. The night I went to see Kylie the people in my area didn't even stand up for Can't Get You Out of My Head.

19. debord

debord Guest

Which was shown late at night on a Sunday evening and didn’t achieve high ratings. Which kinda proves my point.

20. moorje

moorje Guest

Is your point that at gigs only the biggest hits should be played?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.