Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Re: General Kylie discussion

I think the sporadic boredom factor is far bigger than simply the Kylie gig, or indeed the setlist. We're living in an increasingly A.D.D. age. During a 2-hour gig by ANYONE, people tend to get bored, check their texts, see what they're missing out on in the world, feel like they need a 'sit down'...

2. SBK

SBK

Re: General Kylie discussion

Probably snatched out of your hand by a eastern european homosexual.

oh no wait that was MY balloon *sad face*

3. Re: General Kylie discussion

I didn't take my balloon with me. I might have done if it had been a helium one, but obviously if it had been then the effect at the gig would have been a real buzz-kill .

'oh look at all the balloons on the ceiling!....staying where they are'

4. debord

debord Guest

Or, it was just terribly paced. As I said, it's just my opinion, but I know exactly what I'm saying and it's not any of the things you keep responding with.

I LOVED the opening ('Speakerphone'/'CGYOOMH/Boombox'). I also largely loved the black and white section. I loved the end when she was on her own. There was a lot of individual things I loved. But it was definitely the worst tour of hers I've seen, and I had more fun at the Sugababes/Girls Aloud concerts I went to earlier in the year.

5. Re: General Kylie discussion

For me it was the best Kylie show I've seen. If you didn't enjoy a great deal then don't get tickets next time. This is getting tedious...

6. debord

debord Guest

What's getting tedious is people unable to accept that I just didn't like aspects of it and instead responding repeatedly with silly, patronising explanations to try and explain it away. I didn't realise 'discussion' just meant 'praise'.

7. Re: General Kylie discussion

Don't get your titties in a twirl!
    We can discuss all you want to, baby!
    My problem is that the 'dicussion' is boring me.

8. debord

debord Guest

Well take your own advice and just don't read then.

9. Re: General Kylie discussion

*Covers eyes and pretends he didn't see*

10. Re: General Kylie discussion

Kylie's going through a bad patch musically so it figures that perhaps not everyone will like her show especially if they've seen it all before. My sister even said Kylie was going through the motions.

11. greatsnakes

greatsnakes Guest

Even your SISTER thought so? Well you couldn't get any more concrete evidence than that

12. Re: General Kylie discussion

well your sister and you should dematerialize and let proper people enjoy proper music

13. Re: General Kylie discussion

We didn't even get a balloon *even sadder face* - I do have a extra extra long piece of gold ticker tape tho.

14. Re: General Kylie discussion

Don't get your titties in a twirl!
    We can discuss all you want to, baby!
    My problem is that the 'dicussion' is boring me.
    [/quote]

Well take your own advice and just don't read then.
    [/quote]

*Covers eyes and pretends he didn't see*
    [/quote]

This is JUST a suggestion but maybe we should stop endlessly dissecting the X tour?

EDIT - Well, I really buggered up that quoting, didn't I.

15. moorje

moorje Guest

It's boring how there is a separate thread for the tour, the album, likfe after X and Kylie generally, and the same criticisms are bandered around on all of them. Not everyone likes the X campaign. Get over it already.

16. Re: General Kylie discussion

My sister is THE biggest Kylie fan. She really is. She'll prattle on for hours about how great Light Years is when I try and overpower her with my views on Impossible Princess. She's been to every Kylie gig she's put on over the past few years in this country. She even liked Chocolate. That is a true fan.

She was a bit jaded with this show and said it wasn't nearly as good as 'The Crying Game' or that sodding breakdancer for Confide In Me. I take her views very seriously when it comes to Kylie.

Tell her that to her face and she'll probably re-enact what she gave Kelly Llorenna and that twonk from Steps. There is no need to be so rude.

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

i think it was better than showgirl homecoming, anyway.
    i loved it.
    i'd have swapped out "kids" for "got to be certain" though...

and most of the people there will have been vaguely familiar with the new material, as they watched the kylie show. and probably recorded it.

18. Re: General Kylie discussion

Weezerfan, slightly off-topic but your avatar has concerned me for a while now. Is it Claire off of EastEnders/formerly-Hollyoaks/formerly-EastEnders?

19. Re: General Kylie discussion

Jeez! I'm a massive Kylie fan and I don't like Chocolate! I bow down to your sister. Is she partial to All I See? lol.

20. debord

debord Guest

I went to the original 'Showgirl', didn't go to 'Homecoming' - interestingly enough one of my friends who went along said the duller sections of 'X' recalled the worst sections of 'Homecoming'.

And 'The Kylie Show' was about 10 months ago - the only people who would remember the songs from that would be people who had bought the album anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.