Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Re: General Kylie discussion

Aw. I think Chocolate gets so much bad press but it does actually click into place at some point. It took me a while but it really grew on me. The amazing video helped, of course.

2. Re: General Kylie discussion

The video is very lovely- but I just like the song at all. It's... bland.

3. Re: General Kylie discussion

I think the video is horribly unflattering actually. I love the video for Giving You Up, though, and the song.

4. Still_FMW

Still_FMW Guest

Re: General Kylie discussion

Completely random but ... I go on and off it but currently Come Into My World is amazing. I'm listening to it loads lately

5. Re: General Kylie discussion

'Giving You Up' is so bloody underrated! It's doomed forever to live in the shadow of it's b-side and 'I Believe In You' (which is fabulous). And that video is brilliant!!!

And 'Come Into My World' is a bit meh really. Although I do like the video with four Kylie's on screen. Gay men everywhere foam at the mouth :D

6. debord

debord Guest

I love both 'GYU' and 'IBIY' but are you seriously saying the 'GYU' video is brilliant? It's APPALLING!

7. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

I don't get how people can call themselves fans of a certain artist and then
    just hate on end because THEY didn't like something this artist did.
    I think it's all about saying something constructive. Anything else is
    just hating.
    I went to see Kylie and I thought she was amazing. There is something special about her
    that even when she is just "going through the motions" she is better
    than most pop stars out there. It is true that she has made some
    questionable choices recently with her single and video choices but in general
    I think she has done pretty well considering everything that has been going
    on in her life.

8. debord

debord Guest

So you think being a fan is being endlessly positive?? I don't see many people writing comments along the lines of 'GOD THIS WAS SHIT COS I SAY SO'. People have explained their opinions and discussed them. Kylie is my second most listened to artist ever so if anyone's going to start accusing me of 'hating' because I am less than enamoured with certain aspects of this period then they better have something to back it up.

9. Re: General Kylie discussion

Aaaaaargh I adore Giving You Up but that video is SHit with an uppercase SH. I do think the song is underrated, though, and I was furious when Radio 1 did not A-list it at the time of release. It is classic Xenomania and one of Kylie's more intelligent singles.

Kirkland I am quite surprised that you think the Chocolate video is horribly unflattering. I thought she looked natural, beautiful and lovely in a floaty chiffon-like way (I swear that made sense in my head). The TOTP performance she did for it was gorgeous too.

10. debord

debord Guest

Yeah I thought GYU would have done better -tho saying that I do think it's a crime that 'Made of Glass' was squandered as its b-side. THAT should have been on Ultimate.

11. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

So you think that constructive criticism is being "endlessly positive"? And I never said that YOU were hating I said people and if you felt identified with what I wrote it must be for some reason.

12. debord

debord Guest

Yes, for the reason that on the same page you wrote it several people were having a go at me for criticising the concert and no one else was being critical. Who exactly DID you mean then? And as I said, there is no one who ISN'T being 'constructive' here.

13. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

When I said people I meant people... and I wasn't only talking about the people on this forum. Don't take it personally.

14. debord

debord Guest

Ok, didn't mean to jump down your throat in that case!

15. Re: General Kylie discussion

If we're talking about great b-sides to her singles. As well as 'Made Of Glass' (which apparently was a double a-side in Australia), how about "Do It Again" from "Wow"/"In My Arms"? My favourite b-side!

16. debord

debord Guest

Loads of the Parlo era b-sides have been great. If she does change label or takes some time out, Parlo should bridge the gap with a b-sides album.

17. Re: General Kylie discussion

...and unreleased tracks. 'Spell Of Desire', 'Loving You', 'Fall For You', '(Everything) I Know' and the bonus track 'Rippin' Up The Disco' are up there with the best she's ever done. Especially 'Spell Of Desire'. Why they decided to ignore this masterpiece of a track is beyond me. It would have closed 'X' perfectly and would have been a fans' favourite.

18. debord

debord Guest

Are you in Spain?

And...eh...stuff about Kylie.

19. Re: General Kylie discussion

Rippin' Up The Disco?!? Ooo... no! That's nearly as bad as 'Nu-di-ty'. It's awful, but that's my opinion.

But I am with you there on ''Fall For You'' and ''Everything I Know''. Lovely songs.

20. Re: General Kylie discussion

I just think she wails all the way through it. and it's definitely not as camp as ''Your Disco Needs You''. Nothing will ever, in the history of music, be as camp as that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.