Kylie Minogue - Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get Karen Poole and be forced to like it as well.
"Red Blooded Woman"
"Wow"
"Heartbeat Rock"
"Nu-Di-Ty"
"Timebomb"
sarah-paulson.gif

yes, she was with Grace Barker (Jonas Blue "By your side"), Gina Kushka (Hurtproof, Bring It Down) and the Invisible Men (Iggy's "Work" and "Fancy", Jessie J "Do it like a dude", "Laserlight", Jonas Blue "By your side", Bebe Rexha ft Nicki M "No broken hearts")
I think I finally realised what I hate about modern pop: The vocal production on all of these is truly atrocious (maybe bar the Iggy tracks, but she isn't really singing). The excessive use of Melodyne and Autotune is out of hand.

Reactions: SBK
They/them, he/him
She already has tonnes of perfectly nice songs that plod along but go nowhere, though?

Oh no she better don't.

I'm dreading the inevitable "she's working with Jake Shears again" moment. It's become an inevitability at this point, but she really needa to cut the cord. See also William Baker, but that's been discussed elsewhere.

Karen Poole can write good Kylie songs. But that's the trouble for most people I think. And it'll be a problem for people if she doesn't as well. Between a rock and a hard place.

There's no point getting excited about who Kylie is or isn't working with. I know BMG isn't Parlophone but until the album is out we don't know what will make the cut.

I wouldn't mind a few songs that have the same sort of sound as Sleeping with the Enemy. Maybe Kylie could hook up with the girls of Say Lou Lou. I know they're big fans of her music. Kylie always nails the dreamy, hypnotic sound that SLL also excel in. I just don't want any infantile songs about parties and boys. It's about time Kylie left songs like Sexy Love to the cocky upstarts like Selena Gomez. No headdresses!

Kylie always seems to be on top of her game when she's coming out of a difficult period of her career. I'm not under any illusion that she's going to have a number one single, but I would love her to release something that makes people take notice of her again. I just hope a new record deal means a new team with fresh ideas and more organisation when it comes to her promo and release schedule.

Yeah, Karen is the go to writer for Kylie "signature" sound which a lot of people on here seem to dislike, something I find extremely baffling.
I really don't have a problem with the sound, it's the actual lyrics I have issues with.
"Read my lips, I'm into you"
"Cry cry cry, Fine fine fine, run run run, sun sun sun"
(I love both Wow and Fine despite 50% of the lyrics)

Kylie of course has to take a share of the blame herself, but we don't run into banal lyrics when she works with other writers.

"Cry cry cry, Fine fine fine, run run run, sun sun sun"
Actually:

Standing in heaven but don't feel the light
The brightest colors are the black and white
You wanna dance but you don't trust your feet
You know the rhythm but can't feel the beat

The night, the night, the night is full of tears
You cry, you cry, you cry
When you feel everything's impossible
Just know you're gonna be

Fine, you're gonna be fine
You don't have to worry don't you turn and run, run run
Turn your face into the sun, sun, sun

...is exactly what one needs to hear after having their heart broken. I love this song to pieces.

Just something genuinely fresh and a surprising lead single a la Slow is all I require.

Don't care about charts. Just want more variety on my Kylie playlists and to keep those Pop tingles going

Last edited:
he/him
Actually:

Standing in heaven but don't feel the light
The brightest colors are the black and white
You wanna dance but you don't trust your feet
You know the rhythm but can't feel the beat

The night, the night, the night is full of tears
You cry, you cry, you cry
When you feel everything's impossible
Just know you're gonna be

Fine, you're gonna be fine
You don't have to worry don't you turn and run, run run
Turn your face into the sun, sun, sun

...is exactly what one needs to hear after having their heart broken. I love this song to pieces.

My friend who was a big Kylie fan passed before the album came out and I always think of him when I hear this song.

Hmmm. I wanted a consistent album of 2-3 producers max. Looking at this I'm getting the feeling she's going down the route of working with multiple "hot right now" producers again. I may be wrong though.

They/them, he/him
Hmmm. I wanted a consistent album of 2-3 producers max. Looking at this I'm getting the feeling she's going down the route of working with multiple "hot right now" producers again. I may be wrong though.

She could do with an executive producer to tie it all together and give the album a cohesive sound like Stuart did with Aphrodite.

She's probably experimenting to find the direction they want to go in. This is a good thing.

Reactions: SBK
Status
Not open for further replies.