Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 371 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I think Kylie carries off the whole dancing around in pants thing very well.

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I think she looks great and the video's understated but quite gorgeous.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Director: “OK Kylie. Let’s discuss my fee and the production budget.”
    Kylie: “OK. I’ve got you covered Dawn. I have a bag. I have a bag with stuff in it. What can I…I’ll give you anything. What can I give you? I’ll give you…um…I’ve got…I’ve got perfume. Look, look this is awesome…spritz around…spritz around my God!"
    Kylie: “I’ve got spectacles, you know you want to get reading, you get sexy, you get your spectacles on.”
    Kylie: “You’re too bright..you’re too bright I can’t stand it. You’re a superstar director, you’re going to need these!”
    Director: ”Any thoughts on locations for filming the video?”
    Kylie: “Lucky for us that Madonna and her kids are currently in New York City. I figure we can film inside Madonna’s home here in London, and outside in the street. Domenico and Stefano told me where she hides a spare key so we can get inside.”
    Kylie: "We can use Rocco's bedroom. Word on the street is that his room is party central, and he has top shelf booze, including the good whiskey in his bar."
    Director: ”I'm going to need money for all of the production equipment.”
    Kylie: “Here’s my badge to sneak into the BBC Television Centre at MediaCity UK at 2 AM to borrow a van, cameras, rigging, and whatever else you need. As for craft services, grab us some leftover sandwiches and a veggie tray from one of the conference rooms. Just return everything including my badge by Friday night at the latest…and don’t forget the dipping sauce...and macarons!”
    Director: ”What do I tell the BBC security guards if I get caught taking everything we need to film the video?”
    Kylie: “You can tell them it’s for Kylie FUCKING Minogue and that £500,000 is not enough for me to sit next to Will.i.am.”
    Director:”Umm…might I borrow your Amex Black Card that you have in your bag, you know...for incidental expenses?”
    Kylie: “No Fucking Way!”

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

The video is gorgeous, but empty and kinda dull...

It should have been a party video with the french model trying it on with Kylie, she shuns him and struts down the street - into the blue.

5. moorje

moorje Guest

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I think I'm so used to the lead single from a Kylie album having such a distinctive look or impact that this fails to live up to its counterparts. This doesn't really rank alongside Better The Devil You Know, Confide In Me, Spinning Around, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Slow or All The Lovers. Even 2 Hearts had gorgeous cinematography.
    It's not a bad video, but it's in a slightly lesser league like the 'not bad' videos to Please Stay, Come Into My World and Red Blooded Woman.

Here's hoping for some exciting performances.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Should have been a beachy sea video.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

She generally does look stunning, older but in quite a beautiful way, but the lighting and styling weren't great in this.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

The aesthetic reminds me of italian neorealism (the black and white anyway). I love it.

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I don't even think she looks that great, for her.

The hair looks grubby and matted and is an awkward length. The eye make-up in the 'party' scenes is way too dark and heavy and is ageing. And, maybe because the director wanted to make her look a bit drunk, some shots are of her pulling really unflattering facial expressions.

Don't watch the 'All The Lovers' video today. It will make you properly depressed.

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm not keen on it either, was hoping for something as amazing as the song but I won't be rushing back to watch this again, her hair looks disastrous, a matted mess, I think shes gone for sexy bedhead and got it really wrong, oh well the song remains flawless.

11. SBK

SBK

With her jumping into the blue at the end.

Obviously with a flatline/instagram filter.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Or a video set in a post apocalyptic world with no water, with her and her handsome French companion crossing the desert and finding an oasis at the end.

Also, #TeamFedora.

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

So stylish, so Kylie. Which is nice as her next video will probably be some Tom Jones-filled cheesefest.

So glad we have Kylie back and so glad we have Sex Kylie back.

14. SBK

SBK

She should totally do a video with Tom Jones as her love interest. Set in Paris obviously, so she gets her fill of French D.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Worst big popstar video I've seen in ages.

The lighting and editing are unforgivable. Not even mentioning the concept...

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Super boring.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Her next video for the single that features Enrique Iglesias?

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

With every 1st Kylie single we got iconic fashion! WHERE'S THE ICONIC FASHION??

She looks like a hooker with the street outfit...

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I can believe Dawn Shadforth made this??

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

After the amazing All The Lovers video this video lacks a clear concept and direction it's all a bit "will this do" even Timebomb is a better video. Though there are some moments where she looks cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.