Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 391 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Dawn doesn't say. But Kylie did say in another interview that she was having a lot of fun filming videos for other songs...

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

The reporter from Digitalspy has said on Twitter that Beautiful is "not good" which won't come as a surprise to anyone I guess. This project does seem a little doomed. Why they are going for an Enrique duet when they can wheel out the Pharell song or even Feels so Good (which we already know is amazing) is beyond me.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Yes, 'Beautiful' may surprise us... But I feel like the 2nd single being 'I Was Gonna Cancel feat. Pharrell' would be a far better combo... And probably the song will be much more interesting also.

I'm really liking what Pharrell did with Paloma's Can't Rely On You (far more than Happy, to be honest).

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

So one tweet from a random and the campaign is doomed? Kylie herself has said how much she loves Beautiful and nobody has said a word about the Pharrell song. People really need to cool it with the endless pessimism.

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Actually, the Pharrell song has been called "astonishing" by a journalist who heard it.

I think we all know exactly what to expect from the Enrique duet, it just seems like such a regressive step given all the amazing people she has worked with on the album, who will hopefully be offering something a little newer and cooler.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

But still, "astonishing" by one journalist vs "not good" by another is pretty meaningless. I don't think it's worth worrying until WE hear the songs.

7. PBH

PBH

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

There was this Pharrell interview last year where I Was Gonna Cancel/The Winners was described as the best Pharrell song out of all his 2013 productions.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Yes... She also has been asked about her work with Pharrell on all the interviews she's done on radio the last few days. Not a word about Enrique.
    I bet I Was Gonna Cancel will even end up not being a single at all (which I don't mind if it's not strong enough, but I'm sure it will be).

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I just don't get why, on an album that consists of dance songs with the worlds most exciting writers and producers, she is choosing to represent it with a duet ballad with an artist that is generally seen as even more heritage than Kylie is. Mess.

10. moorje

moorje Guest

Logically, having the Enrique single next might work in America. If it's released as a single there, it might help re-establish her to a wider audience again.
    If she then releases a Pharrell-produced song, there might be sufficient enough interest in her for her to have a successful solo song again.
    Besides, there are plenty of crap Enrique songs that seem to do well.

11. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Fine, then release the Enrique song in the US. But release something else in the UK.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Have the Kylie stans always been this melodramatic? I'm about to tune out of this era before we even get the album!

I enjoy Into The Blue. Sure, it's nothing groundbreaking, but the lyrics are great & I enjoy it for what it is. 15 new tracks in March, a new tour... I don't understand why people are actively searching for things to complain about. People are actually going back & forth regarding the quality of songs we haven't even heard yet...?

I've been really excited for this album but her crazy fans seem determined to turn it all into a nightmare!

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Breathe, it won't be long now... Breathe.

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I haven't been following the thread but the Enrique duet seems so obvious to me now it's announced.
    Bitch Kylie is the best Kylie for me. "I was gonna cancel" might be just the ticket.
    I wonder if cosigner Bey knows there is an aggressive Kylie.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I don't think I'm being melodramatic, I just think an Enrique duet is a horrible idea for the UK

16. SBK

SBK

What's it like there posting in 1995?

Regional releases for multi national artists is silly.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Regional releases are unacceptable. What makes some regions less worthy of a release? I get that the singles won't sell as much everywhere, but I deserve every single Kylie video on the tv and single on the radio in my region just as much as anyone else, anywhere else.

On another subject, there are just too many songs that she has to perform this time around. I already have these:
    On a Night Like This (Abbey Road Sessions)
    The Loco-motion (Abbey Road Sessions)
    Never Too Late
    Got To Be Certain
    Rhythm Of Love singles medley
    Fever singles medley
    Surrender
    If I Was Your Lover
    Breathe
    Slow
    Still standing
    Take you home
    Made of glass (video projection)
    Butterfly
    2 hearts (a true rock version, as if it was produced for a rock album)
    Speakerphone (different version)
    All the lovers country version or any other organic version that is not sleepy like the Abbey Road Sessions one.
    Aphrodite megamix

And there's only room for six new tracks here at best.

And I already had to cut these:
    Flower
    Please stay
    What Kind Of Fool
    Through The Years
    Jump
    Higher
    Sweet music
    I feel for you
    Loving you
    Everything I know
    Skirt
    Timebomb

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Given that a duet with Enrique may have been a reasonable idea in 2001, it seems I'm bang in line with Kylie/Parlophones direction of thinking.

And actually, an Enrique duet is a horrible idea everywhere. It would just do less damage in the US as they don't care about Kylie anyway.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

If the Enrique duet is a smash global hit I will happily eat my words. But can any of you honestly see this happening ?

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

YOU HAVEN'T FUCKING HEARD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.