Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 392 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

... but in Maverick79 own words, "this project seems a little doomed"... So...

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

And how does that matter? Radio aren't going to touch a Kylie/Enrique duet in the UK. She may as well be duetting with Cliff Richard. If quality had any bearing on whether or not a record is a hit, this website wouldn't exist.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

His last album produced 3 top 10 singles in the UK so he clearly has a fanbase, that's 2 more than Kylie managed.

4. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

It matters because you're being a doom monger for an era that isn't even three weeks old.

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Let's just stop feeding the troll.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

So shoot me, I think that the Enrique duet is a pretty terrible idea. No need to start name calling. Maybe tell me why I'm wrong, because I haven't heard any convincing arguments.

7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Because you haven't heard the song yet you dolt.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I've already responded to that.

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I have no idea about the commercial fortunes of this project, but I will say that the idea of a Kylie/Enrique ballad duet is just about the least exciting thing I could think of. And while such news doesn't inspire a single emotion in me (much like the rest of this era), if it inspires dread and despair and doom mongering in someone else, then that seems like a valuable piece of information.

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

He's got a point though. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of Kylie's biggest fans but the prospect of this Enrique duet is worrying. He hasn't had a proper hit in years, so why would his have this track lying around unused for ages if it is a proper smash?

Also, earlier today I showed a friend the video for ITB, afterwards we switched on MTV and the first thing that was played was the Shakira/Rihanna track. The video in itself is pretty boring but at least they were wearing a bit of high fashion and strutting around in what appeared to be a very glamorous location. The video just looked expensive, just as you'd expect a global superstar's first single video to look. It's a silly comparison, I know, but it just struck me how budget Kylie's video looks in comparison. It's really annoying because the song itself is just amazing...I'd have loved a new video that did it justice...something that started the era with a bang. Like ATL, from the first time you saw it,you just knew it was going to be one of her looks...just iconic. The visuals were just so on point...Kylie as the goddess of love being lifted to the heavens by a crowd of naked lovers. But what makes it even more frustrating is Kylie is a businesswoman first and foremost. She's no industry puppet...she makes decisions and is a creative force to be reckoned with. Why would she think that this is a good enough video to launch her first single on. It just looks so cheap?

Oh, and back on the duet subject. If ITB flops and then the duet flops, we'll be looking at a similar situation as when GOOMW flopped...i.e. the label deciding the third and final single and only giving it a minimal budget for a music video and next to no push.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  11. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

And you're still a dolt.

I don't think Kylie/Enrique sound like a good idea, but I don't care if its a success or not. All I care about is the album not getting delayed and that its in my arms come March.

12. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

He's had a hit more recently than Kylie.

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm Not In Love by Enrique & Kelis is a fucking choon. If the Kylie duet is anywhere near as that I'll be pleased.

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I care if it's successful because it will determine the rest of the course of this project and future projects.

Let's be under no illusion, Kylie is currently treading on uneven ground when it comes to her music career.

15. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

And someone said something contrary...?

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

The sustainability of her music career is linked to the success of the album which is in turn linked to the success of the singles, which you don't care about apparently.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

You can add Could I Have This Kiss Forever, Takin' Back My Love and Heartbeat to that. All great female duets he's had in the past.

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Does it really matter if the new singles will do well? She's had a 3 decade spanning career of hits, her album will without a doubt sell reasonably well, she will pretty much keep on doing music and touring for the rest of her life (cause in her own words, she doesn't know how to do anything else) and won't have any problems to acquire good people to work with her.

All I care about at this point is if the music is any good. Enrique is maybe a bit of a safe choice, but I'd rather she duet with him than with Justin Bieber or Chris Brown or whoever is young and hip right now (I have no idea actually).
    "Heartbeat" was an amazing duet which would've worked well for Kylie. The people who actually have heard "Beautiful" say, it lives up to its name. "Into The Blue" was a great popsong with very nice lyrics.
    So yeah, I'm still very much looking forward to this era and so should all of you.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm looking forward to the album, not so much to the second single. And Into the Blue is still amazing.

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

So, everythings good then! Well, most of it, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.