Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 394 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

You can try an online converter like Cloud Convert.

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Hahaha, only people who think that Kylie duetting with a 00s has-been is a wonderful idea can post on here. Splendid. Knock yourself out with that one mate.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Yeah, there has been phenomenally little negativity on this thread, all things considered. The first thing to consider is that we always tear artists apart to some extent, and we've been extremely nice to Kylie. The second thing to consider is that Kylie has not given us anything to keep us interested and happy since the release of the single cover, and yet we've actually attacked other artists for doing much better than that.

I think we are actually pretty out of character with the way we've been nice to Kylie, so I'm surprised that of all the threads where people complain about artists, this one, the one that gets the fewest and faintest complaints, is the only one where that many people are always shocked at how negative we supposedly are. Haven't you seen the rest of the forum?

maverick_79 came across as extremely upset for no reason, as if (s)he was personally offended by the release of the duet, but the thinking behind his reaction was no different than what we all thought when the news of the duet came out. That Kylie working with Enrique is such a safe and tame decision, that we couldn't be any more indifferent towards the news. Let's hope the public views them differently, or that the song is actually a deserving Kylie single in its own right.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Just use the LAME codec to convert it to an mp3 of your quality choice, there's compiled versions like LameDrop that exist already to make it easy enough to use.

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Barring Especially For you, Kylie's duets have been some of the most boring songs of her career though. Of course, that doesn't mean that this particular song will be boring, but seeing as most of Enrique's output is monumentally dull, it doesn't bode well.

6. SBK

SBK

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Difficult?

It really isn't. You've got two solutions on this page already, and google is your friend with several more that'll cost you less then 20 seconds of your time.

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Is there a particular reason why Spark is going to be in FLAC format and not just normal mp3 format?

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Because it's a lossless format, far better than the compressed mp3. Converting takes half a second, for those who want an Itunes compatible format. So I'd say bravo to Warner for selling good quality files instead of crappy mp3. Now just put the cover (front and back) in good resolution jpeg or pdf and the digital format will become acceptable.

9. moorje

moorje Guest

I'm assuming Sparks may still appear on iTunes as the single hasn't been made available to order yet?
    It's not as if there's anything we can do before release date anyway.

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

But does it sell Kylie Concert tickets?

I don't care about a hit... it needs to be credible otherwise people just lose interest in her and she won't be a touring act for long
    I know i get less and less excited... And i consider myself a huge fan

11. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

She has enough hits to do greatest hits tours for the rest of her life! Many people go to see her just because they know they get a show. She'll be just fine.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Yeah, she is not in a position where she will only sell tickets if she has hits.

13. SBK

SBK

Aphrodite sold out 75+ arenas. Many consider that era to have been a flop when you look at the chart positions.

Shes not about to lose 27 years of good will and ticket selling ability because you think Enrique isn't cool enough.

He's not going to kill Kylie's career.

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Kylie's never really been cool anyway, no matter how hard she's tried. Bless 'er.

Anyway, I've listened to Into The Blue a grand total of once over a week ago, and I've been singing it all day today. What does this mean?!

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I think she's had many moments in her career when she was 'cool' and ahead of everyone else.

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

That's exactly why she's always been cooler than anyone else.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Precisely! She is a subversion. It's why I love her.

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

She was definitely considered cool around the Fever era. Not sure she really has since then to be honest.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Let's not forget Where The Wild Roses Grow is a work of art.

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

... And The Winner Takes It All with Dannii (joking).

Anyway, the Nick Cave and Jason Donovan are, each in their universe, duet masterpieces. If Iglesias' duet's half as good, we'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.