Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 396 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I only got round to watching the video this weekend (I've been busy, and I do love reading people's opinions for days or weeks before I finally listen to or watch something.)

I love it.

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

yes

i said: one bad duet and tickets will stop selling completely

but i didn't

anyway... in the UK she will always sell her tickets.. like Gaga still selling hers, but Gaga went from selling out 2 nights in Belgium within minutes, to selling No tickets at all (and i do not mean, selling not one ticket)
    after pre-sales and tickets going on sale saterday she still has to sell out one of the price category's

so yea, when people lose interest (and they did a little already with Aphrodite) she might be playing to half empty arena's soon...

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

http://www.popjustice.com/the-rules/

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

she was still considered cool when he booked her, but became too camp too fast after

Still love her tho

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

That's the "awful" Michael Eavis quote? Good Lord. You guys are a sensitive lot. I think you're reading far too much into it and we certainly don't know his intonation when he said that. Kylie was received pretty rapturously at the Scissor Sisters Glastonbury performance. I think it's possible we might see her there still in the future.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Someone has listened to Kiss Me Once on Sayhay and here's what he says about Beautiful :

"wow... it is... different for a ballad. probably the best thing enrique has done in ages. Vocoders on their voices. very mellow, it is VERY moving!!!"

And :

"I can tell you one thing! Beautiful is definitely single material, because it is so different!"

And about the album as a whole :

"Into the blue is actually the only song on the album you could describe as "Dance". I would describe most of the tracks as funky slick Pop-Songs or midtempo emotopop electronic tracks"

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Oh didn't you know? Her failure to fulfill her contractual obligations for Glastonbury is just an example of unprofessional behavior. Cancer Schmancer. #DIVA #Excuses

If you don't detect the sarcasm you've misunderstood.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Mid. Tempo. Emoto. Pop.

*fans self*

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Edit: Farnaby beat me to it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Does this mean we can stop doom mongering now?

11. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I cannot wait for this album to come out. I just want the era to last for ages, we know its gonna be years again before another new studio album is released. Really looking forward to hearing the Enrique duet. I think hes great, his greatest hits is amazing. Also I know its been mentioned loads but its true that all of Enriques female duets have been amazing

*listens to Takin' Back My Love*

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Did we mention he said Kiss Me Once sounds like Pure Shores? I thing the doom mongering can end, right this instant!

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

What now!?

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

All this is too good to be true. Not to mention it's too much to handle.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

If this quote from SayHey is true then I am relieved that the rest of the album is not dance-pop in the style of Into The Blue. I am very much here for some mid-tempos of the electronic variety.

Why would they lead with a track that is not representative of the album, I wonder. It feels like it should be such a clean fresh start and Into The Blue feels so close to the vibe of Aphrodite.

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

That's probably the very reason it was chosen to lead the campaign.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Parlo have a history of selecting lead singles that have little to no relation to the album itself. It's hardly surprising that they pushed for the song most similar to All The Lovers (which is her second highest selling Parlophone single).

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm not going to put much stock in any of these hints, the let down of 'Into The Blue' was bad enough.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm actually very excited for the album. I've come to realize I really do like 'Into the Blue', and it sounds like the rest of the album will be different, which is all I was really wanting from Kylie anyway.

I've even come around to the idea of a vocodered Enrique ballad!

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Just reading the story on the front page re Beautiful. I wonder when it'll end up getting released? If the videos getting filmed in March at least it means it'll be ready to go as both Kylies and Enriques 1st singles are released in March.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.