Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 397 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

What's 'emotopop' when it's at home!? Any contemporary examples?

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Robyn says hi.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Oh... OH.

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm dubious. But I'm also stuck in 1999.

5. SBK

SBK

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Dancing on your own?

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

To Steps.

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Full review from SayHey

ITB:.
    we all heard it!

Million miles away:
    I feel like I´m a million million miles away!
    Guitar Intro and then the beat kicks in. the chorus is very melancholic, Reminds me of a more danceable version of Stars

I was gonna cancel:
    I was gonna cancel then you reminded me of who I am- everything is clearer
    Very funky, rnbish, but minimalistic production. Not too american, still very Kylie. Nice album track, but not single material.

Sexy Love:
    Don´t blame me wanting you too much
    Opening reminds me of Jessy J´s Domino. For me it sounds like a funky sister of Love at first sight. Fun-track.

Sexcersise:
    let me see you sexcercise
    Dirty production, could have been a Justin Timberlake track, quite repetitive, the song is pure sex, but will either love or hate it!

Feels so good:
    We heard the original - it is very close to it, but now it has the Kylie touch, It fits her vocals perfectly. Such a wonderful mellow electronic moment on the record.

If only:
    two hearts wanna left to be lonely if only true love is waiting in the wings
    Handclaps opening. The chorus is very emotopop- very emotional, modern production, another melancholic moment on the record - an amazing tune!

Les Sex:
    We can call it Les Sex - we can call it love
    Playful opening, sounding like a music box. Again a funky, sexy number. When I think about it, it could be the most commercial track on the album.

Kiss me once:
    Me and you baby we made it through - Kiss me once and you will watch me fall!
    Sia really shines theough this song. Multi-layered track, playful, dreamy, great vocals, and a heavenly vocal. Even some bells in the background. You can compare this song to The one, Pure Shores and even a little bit of Disco Down! Emotopop all the way!

Beautiful:
    I just want you to know that after all this time you´re still the one! - You are so beautiful
    The standout track on the album. This haunting ballad starts with vocoders and has them on every chorus. The song builds up but leaves you wanting more, which is a great effect. To release this is as a single is a very bold move.

Fine:
    You´re gonna be fine, you don´t have to worry and to turn and run, turn your face into the sun
    This song reminds me of stars4ever by Robyn!. Great electronic and melancholic moment. Her high pitched vocals totally blend with the electronic production, also some nice male backing vocals.

My rating for this album:
    8/10 (at the moment, give me few more listens)

It feels like a mixture between X and BL, but all the good things about it. Yes there are no bangers, ITB is the only "banger". No Skirt, no Timebomb". But it is still quite different to all the Kylie albums we heard before. I´m not sure this will be mass material. It is a collection of great songs and I think everybody will at least enjoy some of the songs

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm so grateful for people going on SayHey on our behalf. (I'll read that one later, I think.)

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

ITB is the only "banger"

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I refuse to get excited by a Pure Shores comparison but it's taking all my might and strength.

11. moorje

moorje Guest

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm just trying to understand how a song can sound like Pure Shores AND Disco Down.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

What were the three songs Into The Blue was supposed to sound like again? (Not 'sound like', but you know what I mean.)

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I gasped when I read that. As much as I'm all for a more mature Kylie album, I can't imagine going another few years without a staple of Kylie jams.

*plays timebomb on repeat*

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

It's seriously gotten awful there. At least the Body Language era trolls were hilarious. These guys are just bonkers.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm actually really excited to hear that Into The Blue is as upbeat as the album gets. I've always preferred mid-tempo Kylie, I think.

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

After 1 week with the video, I've come to love it as well. It really shows her in a different light than what people have come to expect from her.

I don't trust those track opinions, but I'm so excited for the album!

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Despite that review sounding like it was written by a nine-year-old, the album sounds promising. Shocked that 'Beautiful' is "the standout".

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

It's a shame he didn't hear the bonus tracks; perhaps he could have made up a few new words to describe how they sounded too!

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm a little intrigued by the idea that 'Les Sex' - the MNDR track - is the most commercial track on the album.

I'm taking all of this with a large grain of salt, obviously, but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.