Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 398 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Stars4ever is Robyn worst song! It is so cheesy!

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I don't think English is his first language but don't let that stop you.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

'Stars 4-Ever' is incredible, and Kylie doing her own version of that track would have me blissed out.

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I dismissed Stars 4-Ever for a good while. Then it hit me. Oh, how it hit me.

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

So Sexcercise is Kylie's "Rocket"? Gross.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Obviously, you can only take reviews like that with a grain of salt, but I'm mildly excited nonetheless. The fact that Body Language is cited as a point of reference, can only be a good thing.

"Guess who's back on top?!"

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

If that review is to be believed, we're in for a progressive, mature pop album and that's exactly what I've been hoping for since the last era.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Quite. I actually find the idea of her making no attempt at cringe-inducing bangers quite reassuring, since by the sounds of Skirt - it would be destined to sounds like wub-step twaddle.

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I like the sound of this record. I'm here for mid-o-electro-emoto-euphoro-Mino-go

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Sexcercise is the one song I'm looking forward to the most. It seems like it might turn out to be an R&B-ish take on Speakerphone. Or at least that's how I imagine it in my head.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Considering Closer and Illusion were my favourites on her last album I'm all here for midtempo Kylie.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed that by the sounds of it, we're not getting another In My Arms or Get Outta My Way, as light-hearted semi-camp Kylie is still the best. It seems people have been really quick to compare songs to The One, too, and I guess I'll wait until I hear it to believe it. I still don't think that's a standard that will ever be met again. (Which is fine, the song really just lives up to its name.)

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

'Skirt' is brilliant and should have made the album.

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'll need to hear the album before deciding if Skirt fits alongside the other songs, especially if this is "emotopop" heavy or whatever.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

The bonus tracks could still be "bangers" (aren't they always).

16. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Body Language is Kylie's best album so I'm totally okay if this is along the same lines.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I'm trying very hard not to get too excited by those descriptions. But from the sounds of it it's going to be very good and a nice progression in sound. I live for Emoto-Kylie, I'm partial to a bit of SexKylie too.

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Body Language was the next album after Fever, right? So Kiss Me once is to Aphrodite as Body Language is to Fever, at least according to this review. Interesting.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Quite. A Robyn-ized Body Language appears to be what we're getting, and I'm more than OK with that.

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Lyric video is now on VEVO
    http://vevo.ly/vs50pS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.