Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 430 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

It's boring as hell.
    Plus it's produced by Stuart 'confessions on a dance floor' Price so we expected better than that turgid homogenous lump we got.

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Because Confessions on a Dance Floor feels less homogenous?

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Let's be honest, no one has taken Peter's reviews seriously in about 3 years.

The last thing he got right was Aphrodite - which is her strongest album of the past 15 years.

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I can't wait to listen to "Feels so Good". The original version, Indiana, has been on repeat on my music player lately.

5. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Indiana is amazing. Def feel like it's going to be a highlight.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I can't wait to hear Kiss Me Once.

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

PJ's "review" has left me a bit worried. Also, has anyone posted this review already? If so, apologies: http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/Interact/Blogs-articleid-10067-sectionid-760.html

It isn't very helpful either, but still.

EDIT: This is now the second time Sexy Love is described as a funkier Love At First Sight, the second time Sexercize is written off, and the second time Kiss Me Once is deemed a highlight (between that initial fan review, the PJ review, and this new one).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Into the Blue is up from 96 to 25 on airplay this week.

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Well I read the review on the front page and it hasn't changed the fact that I am really excited for this album. I'm glad it's not business as usual for Kylie.

It's great to hear some info on the tour too, no William and a fresh approach. I can't wait. As much as I have loved all of the tours since Intimate & Live, there is only so many times you can parade men in tights, rehash sci-fi shows and cover yourself in vintage feathers.

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Album sampler is here!

[video=youtube;w8zErggrSjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8zErggrSjE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

11. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Million Miles must be e the next single.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

I cannot wait for this. FEELS SO GOOD. LES SEX. FINE. This is going to be great.

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Well I absolutely loved Aphrodite.. The first kylie album I've ever loved from start to finish but after listening to the 'Kiss Me Once' sampler I cant help but feel disappointed.. When 'Skirt' was unleashed upon us I was so excited, she came hard with that but this album just sounds so bland and boring.. The only tracks I am anticipating in full are 'Feels So Good', 'Les Sex' and 'Fine'.

Maybe the tour will change my opinion..

Also those album photos are hideous, they make her look like a drag queen from my local gay bar!

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Hm. Going by the sampler, it feels like a very adequate pop release, pretty cohesive but without any real highlights or classic moments.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Sexy Love totally wins me over by the chorus.

16. Rmx

Rmx

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Patchy and mediocre. Not even worthy of a higher score than Britney Jean, to be honest. Out Of The Blue is amazing but sadly it seems like the only amazing song.

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Sexy Love = Shannon's Give Me Tonight = I came.

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

Million Miles or Les Sex for single #2 please! Feels So Good, If Only, Kiss Me Once, Fine, Sexy Love sound good. Sexercize sounds like Skirt part 2.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Into The Blue (Single)

On the plus side, this is far from a collection of obvious Kylie songs and the production/sound quality is brilliant as ever with Kylie.

On the minus side, too much of it sounds too much like an emulation of a Timbaland-Pharrell funky style for the sake of it, with very little to differentiate it enough. I Was Gonna Cancel in particular is something that could as easily feature on any Pharrell-assisted album and sang by anybody and make little difference. It is like a second-hand Why Should I Be Sad. Sexercise is like Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake.

The very wording in some songs feels a bit uncomfortable, not entirely natural. Which one could argue is intentional, but it doesn't seem a lot like intentional stylizing of the lyrics.

From what we've heard in the snippets Les Sex is too good for this album. Sexy Love, Million Miles, Fine and Beautiful also sound nice. There's hope for more songs, but they are either too small to care (I mean, I singled Beautiful out as a highlight), or sound like Kylie's not entirely comfortable in them.

But these are only the previews so we'll see. Nothing has me excited yet, and yet I am still very excited for this release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.