Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles | Page 793 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / Singles

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I can envision a music video for Feels So Good. Kylie on a beach wearing a floaty dress as she rolls around in the sand and dances in the water. Loads of hairography. Through out the video it starts getting dark, the video comes to a close as her love interest takes her skinny dipping.

*sigh*

If only.

2. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Dear Lord. Mr. President as lead single again? Not only is it dated and cheesy, but it's really, really bad. It would have killed the album far quicker than anything her team have done this era.

3. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Yas! I love Million Miles!

Now release a single cover, a music video or if they don't have a budget for a music video, a lyric video.

I'm still confused whether Sexy Love is an official single or not.

4. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

If you're talking about my post, I have Mr. President as the third and final big single. And it would do great because it's amazing.~

5. Ray

Ray

Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I'm pretty sure the lyric video for "Cancel" was more expensive and took more time to make than that atrocity... I mean The Official Music Video.

6. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I dislike that "I Was Gonna Cancel" is going to be remembered as a flop campaign-killing single rather than the sprightly, cute album track that it should have been left as.

Era re-write number 739:

"Into the Blue" (November 2013 - reintroducing her to the public as an active recording artist first and foremost, before The Voice UK)
    "If Only"
    (album release)
    "Kiss Me Once"
    "Sexy Love" (single remix by some choice of-the-moment dance/house producer)

Alas, what's done is done.

7. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Mr President is so shit I've cut it from my playlist of the album as it hurts my ears. I much prefer Skirt...I was gonna cancel is a great little song with good remixes but the video is dreadful, looks so cheap. Into the blue is wonderful, song and video. Million Miles as next single is a good choice (maybe not what I would have chosen) but I can see it sitting very well on Radio 2s playlist...If she does a few promo performances with that song it'll go down well but I can't see it as she'll be rehearsing the tour.

8. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I wish we could get the proper dirt on the IWGC video.

Instead of Sexy Love, I'm singing Sex & Love at the moment when it plays on my shuffle. It doesn't make it any better but it makes me giggle and I'm able to listen to it all the way through.

I'm all for Million Miles. It's better than Sexy Love. But it's still an album filler.

It's like Parlophone are reading our comments and doing the exact opposite. For the next album, we need to rave about the song we don't like so they release the ones that we do.

9. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Its not Parlophone though, its her international labels putting out these singles. I think Parlophone have washed their hands of it.

10. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

The fact that Kiss Me Once isn't a single is mind blowing. At this point chances of her having another huge hit are slim. . . why not go with something that the fans and critics like? It also would help continue to make her a bit more "credible"

11. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I've checked out of this era. It's had a lot of great songs but everything has been so disastrous I just want her to move on. Preferably her next album will have one main producer.

12. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Wasn't Sia the "main producer" of this album though?

13. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

She helped pick the songs - she didn't contribute to the production. I love Aphrodite because it's cohesive. This album is all over the place.

14. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

She might have contributed to Sexercize.

I totally agree on Aphrodite. Everything flows very well and there isn't really a low point. It really benefited from having an actual record producer exec produce it.

15. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I think that Kiss Me Once flows pretty much perfectly. Definitely much better than Aphrodite. Add to that the great variety of styles, and I couldn't really ask for anything more in that respect from Kylie.

16. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I think the only point where it jars is Beautiful

17. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Beautiful is the painfully boring ballad at its worst. Kylie should stay away from ballads generally. Only Madonna is capable of doing beautiful ballads when it comes to popstars.

18. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

Dangerous Game, Finer Feelings and Flower disagree.

19. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

I also really liked Bittersweet Goodbye at the time.

20. Re: Kylie Minogue - Kiss Me Once (Album) / I Was Gonna Cancel (Single)

What about Chocolate?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.