Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour) | Page 160 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Apr 26, 2019.

1. She’s amazing at Glastonbury. Kylie Minogue must be protected at all costs.

mcuk, mpl and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  2. ''We leave you with Miley Cyrus''

[​IMG]

3. OK but we need this outside of iPlayer.

mcuk, neinzedd, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  4. Ok I’ll rephrase it

Is she going to announce a Greatest Hits arena tour to capitalise on grabbing the attention of people (like me) who didn’t take the opportunity to buy tickets to any of her previous tours recently?
    And preferably visiting a town near me.

MB likes this.
  5. I just can’t express how emotional and proud I am if Kylie. This truly felt like a moment. There were several times I cried during this. It has meant so much to her, to the crowd and to us.

I’m probably the only one that really liked Chris Martin’s inclusion. Any other time I’d have hated it, but her emotional speech built up how special it was and then seeing her and Nick Cave together was another moment. This will go down as a milestone in her career. That crowd was huge!

Sunny B, mcuk, lushLuck and 9 others like this.
  6. Five stars from Neil McCormick:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/w...astonbury-review-big-tunes-oodles-charm-hard/

It would be good to see Kylie's set again properly edited rather than on the fly.

lushLuck, Mvnl and P'NutButter like this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She just bought pure joy to the stage and made it look so effortless. Fab.

8. Oh and I'm actually raging that Edith fucking Bowman did the voiceover pre performance, she has publicly slagged Kylies music off several times over. Tsk.

distant_cousin likes this.
  9. If they don't have a Hits arena tour announcement ready to go within the next week... seriously. I can't even fathom the amount of GP that have just remembered they loved Kylie after seeing that performance.

ItBeats, Sunny B, Jacques and 10 others like this.
  10. aux

aux

Out of curiosity, has Kylie ever played stadiums in the UK?

Andrew.L likes this.
  11. I'm not ashamed to say watching it live earlier and watching it on BBC One just now, I was crying when she spoke of 2005. Also the gif going around of her seeing the crowd for the first time, is everything.

ItBeats, madgemad, hollaa01 and 3 others like this.
  12. Oh my God. 5 stars and yet:

“cheesy disco beats”

“All My Lovers”

“Once upon a time it might have been considered a bit uncool to admit liking Kylie’s often cheesy brand of mainstream commercial pop. These days, at Glastonbury at least, people are ready to celebrate the full range and diversity of their tastes.”

My point stands, this nob cannot write about pop music, it’s knuckle-gnawing

nikkysan, Sunny B, mcuk and 7 others like this.
  13. I felt so proud watching that performance on TV. We're honestly so lucky to have her.

14. I'm now on a Kylie live DVD loop starting with my fave tour KylieX2008

hownee, mcuk, Ddarko77 and 4 others like this.
  15. Sunny B, mcuk, neinzedd and 5 others like this.
  16. All this positive reaction is making my heart skip beats, I was just so worried that the reviewers were keeping the knives sharped for her. Sky News are even bleating that she's beaten the record for biggest Glasto crowd. This has been a tremendous victory lap year, forget the minor niggles and song exclusions et cetera, we're in upswing period, let's just savour it.

ItBeats, HEARTCORE, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. I liked most everything about it except for the audio issues(The sound guys at Glastonbury should NOT be working in this industry) and sadly, her vocals, which often veered into deeply unpleasant territory. I was watching it with a couple of non-Kylie loons, and they were wincing through a lot of her vocals. I know what they mean, but I'm more used to it I guess.

Great setlist though, and I loved the last 20 minutes especially.

18. She really is so huge and loved in the UK, they should jump on board this and announce a Step Back In Time Global tour....she mentioned Australia but I'd love a U.S tour, meanwhile how does one watch this outside the UK?

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Seeing so many young people sing along to Better The Devil You know while I'm sure noone their age would know it over here.. was it really one of those really big hits in the UK? The kind still played at 90s parties and such?

lushLuck likes this.
  20. aux

aux

The sound was fine at the festivals sis, it was the BBC.

distant_cousin, mcuk and hollaa01 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.