Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour) | Page 165 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Apr 26, 2019.

1. It feels like the true level of her talent is only now being fully appreciated by the gee pee. A living legend who slayed Glastonbury and left the crowd gagging.

Her face when she saw the audience was everything....

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. On the one hand I’m pleased that people are loving Kylie now, but on the other hand it pisses me off. She has to work tirelessly for over 30 years to try and prove herself and still there are huge swathes of people saying that she’s talentless and can’t sing. She sings, she dances, she has the hits and songs to back her up and yet people still question her talent. And then there are people like Lewis Capaldi and Ed Sheeran who look like they’ve been dragged off the street, given a guitar and do the absolute bare minimum and are hailed as saviours of music.

3. Of course the setlist will always be divisive but let’s not drag the PWL hits. They sold a lot as did her first two albums so they will always be special to those of us of a certain age (and Glasto attracts all ages).

Now let’s see the album do the job it was designed for and convert the masses to that undeniable Minogue Magic.

4. Any midweek updates? Are we looking at a strong debut for the compilation?

5. I'm still not over her performance. I can't even begin to imagine the euphoria she experienced at seeing the amount of people, then to have them chant your name!

WhereIsTheFeeling, mcuk and Ddarko77 like this.
  6. Is there an estimate at how many people were watching her?

7. Dancing at 45 and All The Lovers at 73 on iTunes this morning. Step Back in Time still no1 on albums

Mvnl likes this.
  8. This is kind of why I love her (irrespective of her musical output). I can clearly remember when Virgin Radio put up huge billboards saying "We've done something to improve Kylie's records - banned them" circa 1994.

She fucking bounced back from shit like that bigger than ever and she appears to have zero bitterness about the various ups and downs of it all. The woman has more class than any grab-bag of her contemporaries combined.

9. It was great to stroll into HMV this lunchtime to hear Better The Devil You Know blasting out and a guy leaving with a vinyl copy of the album.

10. Early indications is that she’s currently number 1 with 21k sold

Jacques, melodrama, Andrew.L and 8 others like this.
  11. Seeing the old straight men in the crowd singing all the words to it was an absolute joy.

12. I was thrilled when she did Je Ne Sais though!

13. HELL NO!!!

14. Please let the majority of us enjoy the brief respite.

15. Dunno. But a peak of 4m watched her on BBC1 at 6pm.

16. I’m surprised she didn’t do Your Disco Needs You, it’s always a huge crowd pleaser. I’m quite pleased she didn’t, the dodgy mic would not have been kind on the opera bit at the end.

heartmightmelt and SBK like this.
  17. Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi sold more than Wow! In the UK!!

18. Ha 3rd imperial phase.

19. Let me install a vpn to watch this later. I'm ecstatic about the response she's getting, I just love her so much.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  20. Wow these are amazing numbers

Adora Day and tj-x like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.