Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour) | Page 196 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Apr 26, 2019.

1. W2K

W2K

Imagine being stupid enough to suggest sacking Steve Anderson, the only consistently brilliant person in Kylie’s team for the last billion years. Absolutely not.

2. I'm also pissed off with the tourbook - it promised so much - photos from her private collection etc. Half of them I've seen and were widely used at the time of each tour, and as you say the images are such a measly size.

Verandi likes this.
  3. Easily pleased

4. That was brilliant. I can't feel my feet but I don't mind.

Andrew.L and Manc7763 like this.
  5. Or.... correct?

W2K and Quimogen like this.
  6. I didn't realize we hated Steve Anderson now. What in the world.

JMRGBY, LP, Mikal and 15 others like this.
  7. I think you'll find it was called Where in the world...

hawkings24 and Cundy like this.
  8. Now that I've read the name of Steve Anderson, I have a random/possibly stupid question. Are Light Years, Speakerphone and Come Into My World the only songs to be released officially as "Steve Anderson Studio Version" too or are there others out there? I'm thinking about the Live In New York release.

9. I’m baffled. Baffled at the suggestion of sacking Steve Anderson but bringing Stuart Price onboard.

JMRGBY, WhipperSnapper, Mikal and 7 others like this.
  10. I’m the same! What a fucking show.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  11. *As said by Zendaya in Euphoria*: What ?

12. Anderson is a legend. End of conversation.

JMRGBY, LP, WhipperSnapper and 14 others like this.
  13. When I suggested Stuart Price I didn't mean it to be at the exception of Steve Anderson. I'd love them both to collaborate together for Kylie to keep Steve Anderson from going too Claire Richards, Westlife, which he does do sometimes.

14. Yeah guys, Kylie needs to do something fresh. She needs to work with a producer she already worked with a decade ago who also happened to reach his peak 15 years ago.

15. Steve Anderson isn't the problem. The arrangements were clearly geared towards the GP this time around but they sacrificed making them different enough for the fans to still be with it entirely.

His arrangements for the Golden tour were fabulous. I think turning the older hits on their head once again like that house version of Wow and the interpolation of Being Boiled with Slow was genius. Oh and lemme not forget the version of Head which went full on into Fleetwood Mac's The Chain at the very end. In Your Eyes also received a needed update.

JMRGBY, Jacques and EricRiotT like this.
  16. There was this arrangement of Spinning Around for the Aphrodite Tour that was released on this DMC compilation. And then Get Outta My Way (Steve Anderson's Pacha Extended Mix) on this EP. And now I just found out he did an extended version of 100 Degrees too, but I really need him to put out a whole compilation of studio versions.

Verandi likes this.
  17. I don’t think it’s been posted in here yet, but it didn't crack the Billboard Top 200. It did debut at #6 on Billboard’s independent albums chart and #32 on the top album sales chart, though.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    lushLuck likes this.
  18. I mean she had 3 hits in the US.

shuper007, lushLuck, LP and 3 others like this.
  19. I’m shocked it charted at all given that there’s one new track, the last single to make any kind of successful impact was 17 years ago, and it’s a GH album. Ultimate Kylie didn’t even chart.

20. Groupthink in action, I see...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.