Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour) | Page 198 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Step Back in Time (Greatest Hits and Summer Tour)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I don't intentionally keep mine sealed some just are, especially when I've bought a couple of different variants, I only need to open one.

2. Exactly, if you're not going to sell it then why does it matter?

dancinginorbit likes this.
  3. Oh, last night was great by the way, I bopped the entire way through, I honestly don’t think there could be a more ideal setlist.
    However, I don’t think Kylie was very happy with people watching the show from their apartment balconies last night. I didn’t see her acknowledge them. Unless I’m wrong of course.

4. You ever think that maybe, just maybe, you might be wrong?

Mack, JMRGBY, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  5. I think she mentioned them on insta this morning. A free Kylie show- the actual dream :)

Andrew.L likes this.
  6. You’re right, just seen her post now, it was such a great atmosphere, seeing crowded rooftops and balconies really added to the vibe.

7. Really did sound like one awesome night! Thanks for the feedback everyone who went.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  8. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

So, what is the situation with her rights/music ownership?

On Spotify, her PWL records come under KDB, which I guess is run by her father.

Her Decon era records come under Sony but her Parlophone albums are still under Warner

Then randomly Christmas is through a company called Firewheel or Firewheel and Kimberley, under exclusive license to Warner.

So did Pete *really* sell the rights to some of his biggest tracks to the Minogue family and if so, what kind of money would that have cost??

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Push likes this.
  9. Kimberley/Firewheel is one of Kylie's companies.

And yeah, looks like Pete did give Kylie the publishing of her PWL stuff. Wonder if it was willingly or if her recording contracts from the 80s gifted her them?

Push likes this.
  10. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

Do we think BMG put some of the money up so she could buy them as a sort of equity loan that she pays back to them through royalties?

Push likes this.
  11. It just felt so Manchester, with Kylie at its centre. More outdoor gigs Miss Minogue, thank you.

LP, HolyWater, Push and 1 other person like this.
  12. Its possible, it all appeared on Spotify just before she announced she'd signed with them.

It was also around 25 years after her PWL deal ended, so it may have been part of her contract that she'd got ownership?

13. I think I was stood beside you all evening singling along if you're the guy from Liverpool, I was impressed someone knew all the lyrics to every song apart from me :o)

It was such an amazing vibe and an amazing energy, the perfect gig, literally On a Night like This I wanna stay forever!

LP and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  14. Yes indeed you were! You fancied the bear-y guitarist. I liked one of the dancers (actually wouldn't say no to all of them!) but the crop haired mixed race guy was especially cute.

Spiceboy1 likes this.
  15. Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. What a success

18. Is there any more word about the planned UK arena tour toward the end of the year that was mentioned by Seanie, or is that not true?

19. Two weeks in the top 2 for a Greatest Hits collection?! Literally incredible!!

20. Really? How do you know that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.