Kylie Minogue - Tension

Hearing how creative and revitalised the Alison Goldfrapp album is from the original it's a shame they didn't do something a little more in the same vein with this. The extended mixes are enjoyable enough but too many sound very cut and pasted and often just drag the songs out unnecessarily without adding anything interesting to make it worth listening to over the original.

I find the Disco extended mixes were essential because they gave room to breathe to all the songs that felt rushed, and it also offered a much better produced version of said songs. The strength of Tension is, however, that it’s been a bulletproof collection of inspired pop songs from day one. Despite the song lengths, nothing feels short, nor does it feel like there are missing elements or a need for a breakdown. My biggest pet peeve concerning my favorites is the changed intros. The drama of You Still Get Me High, the world-building of Story and even the urgency of an intro-less Things We Do For Love gets lost in these new arrangements. Extension is a lovely present (capitalist version) but I won’t be returning to them, which is totally fine.

Hearing how creative and revitalised the Alison Goldfrapp album is from the original it's a shame they didn't do something a little more in the same vein with this. The extended mixes are enjoyable enough but too many sound very cut and pasted and often just drag the songs out unnecessarily without adding anything interesting to make it worth listening to over the original.
My thoughts exactly. ‘Tension: Reinvention’ with new mixes and interpretations would have been something special. This Extension album is fine - I like a few of them - but it’s the same structure repeated over and over; add an intro, an outro, and stick a little instrumental in the middle somewhere.

The only extended mix worth it on Disco in the end was Say Something. With Extension I am loving Hold On To Now, Things We Do For Love, Vegas High, Tension, You Still Get Me High, Green Light, and the extended Story is rather immaculate. I much prefer this to the last one.

Wait, I forgot this is out today. Flop fan.

I'll be honest, I'm not really feeling the extended mixes of this album. A few of them feel like they've had the energy sucked out of them. For Disco the extended album has become the main version of the album for me, but for this I think I'm going to stick with the normal version of Tension.

I’ll definitely go back to Tension over Extension all day, every day. Some of the extended mixes are really great and some just… don’t work. I have to say though the intros of all are FANTASTIC and I wish they would have incorporated some of those on Tension.

He/Him
The extended Things We Do For Love... is perfection. Let me bask in it's glory (and the original tracks video).
0f0f095c8aee30579bec53f0f1dffd62353e712d.gifv

The extended mixes are all pleasant additions to the era, but none of them feel necessary. I think it’s nice we continue to receive these, but I don’t see myself ever really going back to them.

Isn't the lack of a tour announcement from our gal just completely weird at this point? I'm surprised they didn't drop tour dates when Padam was nestling comfortably in the top 20 for weeks on end. Do we think she's gonna do another album before a tour?

Bar the quality, in terms of strategies, this seems more and more to me that our Kylie has finally had ha Britney Jean. An album made solely to promote a residency dddd

Isn't the lack of a tour announcement from our gal just completely weird at this point? I'm surprised they didn't drop tour dates when Padam was nestling comfortably in the top 20 for weeks on end. Do we think she's gonna do another album before a tour?
I think so yes.
Las Vegas has sucked up all her time for Tension, which is perfectly okay.
Mid 2024 there will either be a new album or Tension Reloaded with new songs. If she does this route, I hope there's more than 3 new songs, and I hope the songs explore a harder clubbier sound. She's done disco, she's done 80s feels - let's go harder Kylie..
I don't see Kylie touring until late 2024 or 2025...

My guess would be if we get no tour announcement following An Audience With Kylie, a tour will happen in early 2025 after a new album late next year. I hope I’m wrong though!