Kylie Minogue - Tension

Vocal wise, Kylie smashed that and did a really good. However, and it’s only a small observation, but when she sings the higher parts, is it me or does she sound just a tad nasally?

As somebody mentioned, this isn’t the easiest of songs to perform and I wonder whether she just needs to warm up a little more (more more)?

Vocal wise, Kylie smashed that and did a really good. However, and it’s only a small observation, but when she sings the higher parts, is it me or does she sound just a tad nasally?

As somebody mentioned, this isn’t the easiest of songs to perform and I wonder whether she just needs to warm up a little more (more more)?
Kylie's voice leans into 'nasal' depending on the song.

For me cause the studio version of Padam has the treatment over her vocals, I find her real live vocals without the treatment, it gives the song a very different feel.

Kylie's voice leans into 'nasal' depending on the song.

For me cause the studio version of Padam has the treatment over her vocals, I find her real live vocals without the treatment, it gives the song a very different feel.
Thanks. Appreciate the information.

As I mentioned, it’s not bad by any means but at moments, you can hear it quite clearly but in the flip side, it’s also quite a distinct Kylie sound.

To this day, I remain confused about how Padam didn’t make top 10 in the United States but somehow seems to be everywhere?
Forget Top 10, 'Padam' didn't even crack the Top 100. Yet it really does seem to be quite well-known there. Can US fans confirm? What impact has 'Padam' made there? Is it just the fanbase and gays, or is it well-known in mainstream circles?

Forget Top 10, 'Padam' didn't even crack the Top 100. Yet it really does seem to be quite well-known there. Can US fans confirm? What impact has 'Padam' made there? Is it just the fanbase and gays, or is it well-known in mainstream circles?

My impression is it's still mainly just us cigs... plus the genuine affection of music journalists. The media bubbles we live in these days can be deceiving.

he / him
I feel like it's because of how large a market the US really is. I don't think that "Padam Padam" crossed over on a national level, but was absolutely a crossover hit in certain US markets, primarily the East and West Coasts. "Padam Padam" did lack streaming power—I don't think that it ever cracked the Apple Music or Spotify Top 100s in the US—and I don't know if it received radio support on a national level.

I feel like Kylie could absolutely do a small stadium run at the moment, the gap since her last tour has definitely built a lot of demand for it and she's in a completely different position in the industry than she was for Golden, she's coming off a career high with Padam and there is just so much goodwill for her.

BST has London covered and I think just a handful of dates in smaller stadiums around the UK would be realistic. Not every stadium tour has to be as big as Taylor and Beyoncé.

But unfortunately I also think we kinda lose with a stadium tour, as others have said it will be a variation of the same set list she's been performing for the last 12 months because that's what the GP want, I don't see it being a real Tension tour.
She is absolutely in a different place these days, her profile is much bigger than what it has been in a long time and its a great time to be a Kylie fan. We have been surprised by a number of things in this ERA, and she will continue to do so.

he/him
Managed to get Tier 3 general admission but have no one to go with yet since so many people have holidays or weddings to go to dd. Possible PJ meetup?

I realise I'm just echoing what's been said a hundred times already...she's always been consistent but really does look and sound even more amazing of late.
It's a joy to see her embracing
every. single. fucking. second. of what's happened since Padam. She clearly never expected anything like this to happen in her career again and you just know she ain't taking any of it for granted.
Aria, Grammy, billboard and Brit wins in 2024?
Fuckin legend.