Kylie Minogue - Tension

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was disappointed with Tension as a body of work, but it was nice to see everyone else enjoy it and ride the wave of Kylie's resurgent year. I don't have any specific negative to say about it, just that it didn't do it for me. This is the first time I've mentioned it because I didn't want drag anyone's experience down (I hate it when you love a new album but a few loud fans persistently post about their dislike, cool, good for you, go get on with your life, see you next time around). "Things We Do For Love", "Hands" and "Somebody to Love" are about the only songs I've returned to since New Year. I liked a lot more of the leaked material if anything.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was disappointed with Tension as a body of work, but it was nice to see everyone else enjoy it and ride the wave of Kylie's resurgent year. I don't have any specific negative to say about it, just that it didn't do it for me. This is the first time I've mentioned it because I didn't want drag anyone's experience down (I hate it when you love a new album but a few loud fans persistently post about their dislike, cool, good for you, go get on with your life, see you next time around). "Things We Do For Love", "Hands" and "Somebody to Love" are about the only songs I've returned to since New Year. I liked a lot more of the leaked material if anything.
Ditto. I don't expect to like absolutely everything being a fan from day 1 and apart from a couple of tracks - this didn't do it for me. However very pleased it presented us with Padam and provided Kylie with new opportunities for her next album.

nah, that’s Golden with its two good songs (one on the standard).
Golden is very mid-tier for me but I appreciate she tried something different and songs like Shelby 68 and Radio On are so refreshing for her, I can’t help but warm to it more. I would definitely tweak it (songs like Rewind and Shooting Star should have made the album) but overall, it’s solid.

There's nothing wrong with her albums at all. Honestly, have any of you heard terrible albums before?
Yes:
Kylie_Minogue_-_Disco.png

he/him
Golden and Disco were pretty dead to me after their initial release year, but I’m still regularly listening to about half of Tension. Once my initial interest started to wane, I got to see Kylie in Vegas, so now a lot of my memories of that trip are associated with the album.

Last edited: