Kylie Minogue - Tension

I caught up with all those outtakes that surfaced a few days ago and how the heck did they leave "Piano" off any sort of release? In a finished version, I think it could be Kylie's best song since "Aphrodite". I really hope it gets to see the light in some form, even as an exclusive bonus track on "Tension" or something.

I am weirdly drawn back to the video for repeated viewings, what witchcraft has Kylie cast on me? She's serving Scarlet Witch cunty realness and I kind of live?
dbc781f53442a7065aa7622303216897bed6a1f1.gifv

I am weirdly drawn back to the video for repeated viewings, what witchcraft has Kylie cast on me? She's serving Scarlet Witch cunty realness and I kind of live?
dbc781f53442a7065aa7622303216897bed6a1f1.gifv

I know what you mean. I found the same thing happening with the budget Disco videos, too. You warm to these things a little bit. But, budget aside, that GIF is a great example of the poor direction. There's no... POV and Kylie just appears to be staring off into... what? She can have such a commanding presence in a video when she, the director, the camera are one (and that doesn't always come down to budget)...

tumblr_mxgt4wrBtm1r5zj1yo1_500.gif

Not to interrupt Padam but I expected a lot more from Kylie for a lead. There has literally never been a better time to be an artist who is favoured by the queer community and she comes with some sort of Bebe Rexha single? We should expect more from her. It could be anyone singing this, there's zero charm or charisma and for the artist who gave us some of the most pivotal moments in pop music to lead her campaign with this is a shame.

he/him
Not to interrupt Padam but I expected a lot more from Kylie for a lead. There has literally never been a better time to be an artist who is favoured by the queer community and she comes with some sort of Bebe Rexha single? We should expect more from her. It could be anyone singing this, there's zero charm or charisma and for the artist who gave us some of the most pivotal moments in pop music to lead her campaign with this is a shame.
Counterpoint: no

Actually, I kind of can't hear anyone else singing this? Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Bebe Rexha's oeuvre but Kylie has this particular mix of coquettishness and iciness that serves this song perfectly and I can't really see anyone else hitting on the same vibe as well as her. These mechanized electro bops are her lane.

Last edited:
he/him
Kylie was catering to the 40+ y/o gays and adult contemporary crowd for two eras and now some of you have forgotten what a contemporary Kylie song sounds like. Padam Padam isn’t that far removed what she was releasing during X, Aphrodite or even Kiss Me Once.

This song is an ear worm and it's so Kylie, this is just one of those tracks like a CGYOOMH or a Hung Up that hits differently and screams hit...I hear it and I know.

he/him
OK I like the video. I maintain it's unsettling! She's shoving salt at us, she's throwing a coffee cup at us... why!? The way she sings to an empty bar and then all the dancers start moving like they're in Hereditary or something. The dance moves they do with the jutting elbows dipping toward the ground - it's giving xenomorph. When she starts creeping out of her chair all slowly during the fast chorus, that's also strange. Like what is even happening but the song is so good that it makes me interested.