Kylie Minogue - Tension

Sam

he/they
Not to interrupt Padam but I expected a lot more from Kylie for a lead. There has literally never been a better time to be an artist who is favoured by the queer community and she comes with some sort of Bebe Rexha single? We should expect more from her. It could be anyone singing this, there's zero charm or charisma and for the artist who gave us some of the most pivotal moments in pop music to lead her campaign with this is a shame.

Chatting absolute shite

he/him
BMG in Lostboy’s DMs right now.

b8261eb519c9d5eae0016e7c8a115549.png

Not to interrupt Padam but I expected a lot more from Kylie for a lead. There has literally never been a better time to be an artist who is favoured by the queer community and she comes with some sort of Bebe Rexha single? We should expect more from her. It could be anyone singing this, there's zero charm or charisma and for the artist who gave us some of the most pivotal moments in pop music to lead her campaign with this is a shame.

I've never listened to a Bebe Rexha song but agree that Padam could be considered quite understated as a lead single, but Kylie is so long in this game, a proper survivor of pop, that she can do this sort of thing and still prosper. It's cool too. It feels like proper Kylie to me in a way Into The Blue, Some Kind of Bliss, or 2 Hearts didn't at the time. You could say Confide In Me isn't exactly Kylie, but that was the point of that song for that campaign. I love how punchy Padam sounds. Lyrically, it conjures the gregarious extroverted energy that the best singles of Kylie Minogue have in abundance. I think you're getting it wrong here, Kyle.

he / him
I'm glad that we're now able to discuss how Golden and Disco were Kylie's adult contemporary era. It's strange thinking about all of the pushback that that suggestion received.

I guess that it took hearing Kylie on something contemporary to highlight how adult contemporary her output had been.