Kylie Minogue - Tension

It doesn't feel as overtly "gay" as most of her music has for the past decade, hence why it is making waves beyond her usual fanbase. It's cool and contemporary in a way her music hasn't been in so long. Sure it has it's usual Kylie campness but it isn't a song catered to just one specific group of people.
Huh… okay. I guess it just hits different as an American. Never watched Love Island but I always associated bouncy, tropical house to be for that crowd.
a very well done catchy sissy bop everyone responds, even the straights
Oh yes, the straights do love a “very well done catchy sissy bop”. ;)

I've been reading this thread try and earnestly quantify and dissect the song's success and... sometimes things just hit. I think "Padam Padam" is probably catchier and generally tighter than her last few lead singles but stylistically I don't think much has changed, I don't think the approach has changed, and I don't think Kylie herself has either, because... generally not a lot does change. She knows what works for her and sticks to it, by and large. And that's fine. But I think trying to intellectualise why this is having a crossover moment is largely pointless. TikTok randomly deciding to let it catch, someone at Capital liking her, it doesn't matter. It is because it is, and that just happens now and again, and that's doubly glorious, because Kylie is a delightful person, a brilliant popstar, an amazing performer, and... actually has a hit on her hands without a shred of compromise to anything she represents or does well. It's the definition of a Popjustice all round.

Stop thinking and enjoy the great wave. We get so, so few of them.

Can we just take a moment and think back to when Padam first leaked and some of us were shook and some of us were moaning about the length of the track being so short and then now here we are... with the song having blown up and Kylie getting her biggest hit in years... Who could have predicted?! It's always fun being a Kylie fan especially during a new era but wow this is so exciting right now.

I highkey never want to hear this song again nn and I suspect it's contributed towards me deleting Instagram off my phone for a few days due to the amount of gays' stories it soundtracks BUT I also think it's a great wee bop and deserves all the success it's getting and more. If that makes sense? I'm just overexposed! Not used to gay fave bops actually...winning?

They/them, he/him
Kiss of Life performance now.

A

FIVE

STAR

EXPERIENCE!

211ea2ee074d741ff6e0941646baeb9d4344db64.gif

I highkey never want to hear this song again nn and I suspect it's contributed towards me deleting Instagram off my phone for a few days due to the amount of gays' stories it soundtracks BUT I also think it's a great wee bop and deserves all the success it's getting and more. If that makes sense? I'm just overexposed! Not used to gay fave bops actually...winning?
Yeah, I kind of can’t wait to never stream this again after it goes top 10.