Kylie Minogue - Tension

he/him
Oh my. The video is horrid, sorry girls.

kylie-kylie-minogue.gif

What an incredible vid! She’s really dialled up the Lynch vibes since the Padam one (which she herself said referenced Lynch and The Man Who Fell To Earth) which pushes my buttons.

Love the Paris, Texas references too that others have mentioned E61C3A81-EC6A-47FD-9FF1-501DE2C29B25.jpeg

It feels like we’re living in a Fever type renaissance (edgy, icy electro huge Kylie comeback, slight left field music/visuals enough to satisfy Kylie but also mainstream enough to appease a massive section of locals).

So great to see it happen again in real time!

The video is cute. The effects are more than a bit wonky. The bad effects would have felt more at home during the camp Disco era but Tension seems to be aiming to actually be cool so they were a bit strange. She looks fantastic though and I generally did enjoy the video.

The video is cute. The effects are more than a bit wonky. The bad effects would have felt more at home during the camp Disco era but Tension seems to be aiming to actually be cool so they were a bit strange. She looks fantastic though and I generally did enjoy the video.
I think you summed up my issues with the video, if this was the video for Supernova or Last Chance then maybe I would get it, but Tension deserved way better.

But pretty much every Kylie video in the last 10 years has been poorly received initially, so it’s nothing new. Let’s hope the budget is being saved for the tour.

We didn’t need Showgirl Kylie at full size. We’ve seen that before (a lot). She’s funnier as a little Polly Pocket!
Well...that is also a reason to not have her in the video at all, eapecially since there was an already established Kylie look/persona that would work for the miniature, and still there she is. I just hate it when looks are introduced in videos but not showcased properly/fully.