Kylie Minogue - Tension

A nice interview with Numéro magazine here (you’ll have to run Google translate on it though since it’s in French).

Interesting tidbits include that they considered calling the album Vegas High but went with Tension because it sounded more intriguing, the photographer came up with the diamond motif before they even settled on the title, and Hold On To Now is about trying to make sense of one of her past relationships (assuming with Paul Solomons)

I am so needing this album in my life now. Still, really not long now!
I guess you could say…it won’t be long now, breathe.
8a6f77fb4d251665fc485d7d0ee66d886941d8a4.gif

A nice interview with Numéro magazine here (you’ll have to run Google translate on it though since it’s in French).

Interesting tidbits include that they considered calling the album Vegas High but went with Tension because it sounded more intriguing, the photographer came up with the diamond motif before they even settled on the title, and Hold On To Now is about trying to make sense of one of her past relationships (assuming with Paul Solomons)
Vegas High would have made a cool title. But, think that Tension was the right choice, something about one word album titles I think.

The deluxe vinyl didn't appear until release week last time around, I do think it'll happen again.

This makes me really sad. It's likely she wanted to move back home to Australia but he is UK-based so they were really happy together but always knew it wasn't going to last. *sobs*

The way I haven't put in an order for any of vinyl variants cause the coloring all look unflattering dddd Let me save up for some jewel case edition that might turn up somewhere.

he / him
A Second to Midnight with Olly would be cool.
I am curious about who she will invite as guests to An Audience With or if she'll invite guests at all.

Back in 2001, she invited Adam Garcia and Kermit The Frog (ddd) to perform "Better The Devil You Know" and "Especially For You" respectively, so the original doesn't necessarily have to be a duet, nor does the special guest necessarily have to be the original feature artist.

I imagine that An Audience With will be a local affair and I can't really imagine Kylie performing flops like "A Second To Midnight" and "Kiss Of Life" over actual hits and if Disco is going to be represented in the setlist, it'll probably be by either "Say Something," "Magic" or "Supernova."

Last edited:
I am curious about who she will invite as guests to An Audience With or if she'll invite guests at all.

Back in 2001, she invited Adam Garcia and Kermit The Frog (ddd) to perform "Better The Devil You Know" and "Especially For You" respectively, so the original doesn't necessarily have to be a duet, nor does the special guest necessarily have to be the original feature artist.

I imagine that An Audience With will be a local affair and I can't really imagine Kylie performing flops like "A Second To Midnight" and "Kiss Of Life" over actual hits and if Disco is going to be represented in the setlist, it'll probably be by either "Say Something," "Magic" or "Supernova."
Assuming the album is a hit, I’d expect it will mainly be Tension tracks and a selection of greatest hits. We might get a single or two from Disco and Golden.

For some reason, A Second To Midnight is one of her most streamed tracks on Spotify and has more than double the streams of Supernova and almost as many as Magic and Say Something.

I believe that to make Hold On To Now eligible to chart on the singles chart, BMG would have to nominate it as the third track from the album to chart, but ot may be that its just the third highest streaming track.

They just use the top three streamed tracks whatever they may be, although if "10 Out of 10" somehow miraculously starts streaming in big numbers, it's covered by the lead artist rule.

5. Combining of Transactions
d
i) A maximum of three singles within the Top 100 by the same artist will be chart eligible. These will be the three most popular singles in a week based on combined sales and streams. (Also see 6.0 Exclusions)
ii) In the case of singles featuring a secondary artist(s), they will only count towards the primary named artist’s maximum of three chart eligible singles.
iii) In the case of singles that are equal collaborations between two or more artists, a single will count towards the maximum of three chart eligible singles of the artist on the releasing label.
iv) Where all collaborating artists appear on the same label releasing a single, the releasing label must nominate the primary artist

And if the charts company argue that Kylie is co-lead rather than feature, then BMG could also go with:
6. Exclusions / By Request
ii) A UK rights owner/licensee may elect to exclude the third bestselling single by an artist and replace it with their fourth bestselling track if the third bestselling track is outside of the Top 20 chart positions. Tracks excluded in this way cannot become chart eligible again for a period of six months.

https://www.officialcharts.com/site...ficial UK Singles Chart Rules August 2023.pdf