Kylie Minogue | Page 1932 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Wasn’t this a Madonna cast-off?

distant_cousin likes this.
  2. It's those dramatic synths married to talky-Kylie vocals. It's just so filthy sounding.

The other two singles are great, but only WITF gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
  3. I love Rod, could listen to him talking for hours dddd.

However the stan in me slightly disappointed by the lack of (pop) precision in remembering dates and details. Like the Anti Tour being the greatest hits tour before she got cancer? The """Body Language Tour"""? And don’t even get me started on Disco Down being rated a 9 in the game of giving 10s to every other song on the album.

4. Bittersweet Goodbye is rancid.

Her best ballad is Put Yourself In My Place. It probably has one of the best choruses I've ever heard on a ballad.

5. Put Yourself In My Place, really is her finest ballad I think.

6. Paper dolls though. Proper kills me. On the Anti tour OMG what a moment.

7. Madonna co-wrote the song yes.

8. I’ve decided to listen to Kylie from the start (that greatest hits/Glastonbury performance got me going) so I’m firing up my ancient iPod touch as it has all her albums/b-sides/unreleased stuff set up with years of tweaking including swapping out some songs and putting alternative versions and remixes in place of others

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  9. I wonder why they ended up shelving Alone Again? If they weren't going to put it out as a double A side it could've made a nice addition to the Fever reissue. It seems like the only track she recorded in the last decade that hasn't leaked in full.

Juango likes this.
  10. They both need to do more Homework. lol

myblood, Jacques, elektroxx and 13 others like this.
  11. This is probably very very old news but has anyone else noticed that in the radio edit of A Lifetime to Repair when she sings “saves me from the dragon” there’s a dragon roar on the left side of the audio split? I didn't realize until just now when I was listening to the song super loud while I was running.

12. Also he seems to think that Neighbours was not popular in Australia, or that Australians were baffled by Kylie's success overseas given that she was not successful in Australia?! Didn't Locomotion spend 7 weeks at the top of the charts in Australia before she got to PWL?

elektroxx and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.

13. A year ago today, I was dancing with Kylie!

14. It was never intended for a double A-side, it was intended as the B-side for Come Into My World. Someone in Madonna's camp supposedly stopped the release, though it was not Madonna herself.

enhanced CD likes this.
  15. I never ever got the hate for Bittersweet Goodbye. It’s hands down one of her best and most personal ballads (about Michael Hutchense’s death, wasn’t it?), plus the production is artistic, interesting, haunting and her vocals beautiful. Like a twisted lullaby. In my opinion it even sits on Light Years giving it some much needed contrast. So much better than for example the whining, bland and generic Paper Dolls which so many seem to prefer.

16. I do like Bittersweet Goodbye, but I also first listened to the song at a time when I thought Victoria Beckham's IOU was a fine ballad hehehe. I'm not sure how I would objectively rate it today if I could listen to it for the first time again.

Disco Blister likes this.
  17. Bittersweet Goodbye was a b-side at best, really not worthy of the mighty Light Years. There were far better songs that didn't make the album.

18. Poor Kylie:

19. Sorry if already posted.
    Brighton pride tribute to Kylie using New York City.

Juango and phoenix123 like this.
  20. Did Music Will Always Love You ever leak in full?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.