Kylie Minogue | Page 2363 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Yes, but shorter.

2. I have been working on a more laid back version of the underrated Kylie & Giorgio collab Right Here RIght Now from a few years back - I always thought it deserved better chart fortunes as is so catchy. Hope you like my reimagining of the backing track....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021

3. Chills all over, even after all these years (the piano, the strings). One of her very best singles.

Txetxu, Seraphim, JasonJay and 7 others like this.
  4. Agreed - I never understand the "meh" reaction some fans have

5. Sorry for the double post but just started working on a mash up of Love At First Sight 88 Versus 01 versions....I think it could work? Any thoughts? Or wasting my time?

Womanizer and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  6. I think the handling of that entire era was just bad and has spoiled the enjoyment of the music.

At this stage it just seemed like Parlophone were actively trying to kill off her career.

7. I've been meaning to get around to listening to Steve Anderson's podcast as he interviews a lot of people that have worked with Kylie. Still no interview with Dave Seaman yet.

Txetxu and bonnieetclyde like this.
  8. "Sometimes to release it is to set your spirit free" is a much better lyric honestly...

9. Dave Seaman was his very first guest and they talked a little about Kylie.

Juango likes this.
  10. The little "STICK OR TWIST!" in the corner is undeniably cute. Obviously a lyric idea that came early and simply had to find a home somewhere...

In Your Eyes came on at my work last night and it struck me - why did KM's lyrics sound so much more sophisticated when she was late 20s/early 30s than when she's in her 50s?

11. It looks like it was originally meant to be part of the second verse, but was switched out for "but sometimes to release it is to set your children free" I am glad that they kept it though. It's a great lyric.

It's a shame that some of the draft lyrics are so scribbled over that it's impossible to read.

Fair Haired Fool likes this.
  12. Yes, spotted that too. I know this is amongst likeminded folk so probably goes without saying - but I just love learning about the genesis of songs. Getting little insights like this, seeing how bits and pieces were originally in different places, some lines finding a place elsewhere in the song, some being binned completely (thankfully "win or bust" was one of those...)

Womanizer, hologram, Txetxu and 2 others like this.
  13. I think Golden was lyrically pretty solid. That's why Disco threw me a somewhat, as those lyrics could have been written by anyone. When you see the artist is the sole songwriter there's an expectation you're getting more than just a song - that it'll hold greater meaning or depth or reveal something about that person. You could argue disco music is fun and doesn't need any real meaning or depth but actually a lot of disco from the 70's did have underlining meaning or hold more weight in the lyrics than often people realised.

14. It's well worth checking out the Ian Masterson ep - he talks about his Trouser Enthusiasts mixes, working with Dannii and also the sisters' cover of Winner Takes It All.

15. Lyrically wise, Golden really is one of Kylie's best albums.

16. Wayne1978, Juango, Carlo and 5 others like this.
  17. Reposting my thoughts from the Vinyl thread:
    Interesting that Fever is listed as Fever (20th Anniversary Edition) - bonuses/a wider rerelease perhaps?

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.