Kylie Minogue

I have got lost amongst all the posts, who said that Kylie wasnt supposed to release BL in 2003, it was her record company that forced her to release something as there was no big name release that year, that makes sense now as hte album was rushed and SLOW wasnt even recorded by Kylie first, she gave it to some unknown american artist but then she asked for teh song "back" as it was written by kylie in the first place and even though that american artist had recorded her vocals on it and about to release it she wasnt able to, she completely trashed Kylie on her webpage if i remember. I thought at the time this doesnt seem like Kylie trying to take off work from other artists but can see now she was under pressure from her record company to release a record, can you imagine SLOW not being recorded by Kylie as its one of her iconic songs.

SLOW wasnt even recorded by Kylie first, she gave it to some unknown american artist but then she asked for the song "back" as it was written by kylie in the first place and even though that american artist had recorded her vocals on it and about to release it she wasnt able to, she completely trashed Kylie on her webpage if i remember.

What??? Never heard this before! Do you recall who was it?

SLOW wasnt even recorded by Kylie first, she gave it to some unknown american artist but then she asked for teh song "back" as it was written by kylie in the first place and even though that american artist had recorded her vocals on it and about to release it she wasnt able to, she completely trashed Kylie on her webpage if i remember. I thought at the time this doesnt seem like Kylie trying to take off work from other artists but can see now she was under pressure from her record company to release a record, can you imagine SLOW not being recorded by Kylie as its one of her iconic songs.

Yeah, none of that is true. Kylie did not write Slow (just the 'read my body language' bit that was taken from another unreleased song) and it has been said many times that it was the last song recorded for the album.

I know we’ve moved slightly past it but I always felt Ludacris completed “Chocolate”. His rap is typical Luda wordplay which, if you’re not a fan of him, you wouldn’t understand but it just works.

The fact that got rejected but we actually got “All I See” featuring Mims is headache inducing.

Ludacris's verse is amazing, but I guess it was too sexually explicit for Kylie? I wouldn't have minded it if she kept, but I think Chocolate is so beautiful and magical solo.

So, did Ludacris actually write and record a rap for "Chocolate" and it isn't some cut and paste job?

Well, at the end of his verse he says something like, "Down with Kylie Minogue," rhyming Minogue with Control. A lot of his verse had words that rhymed with Kylie.

Last edited:
From what I recall, the Ludacris rap was written for Chocolate (hence the final line, “in the crib now with Kylie Minogue”), but it was then repurposed and used in another released track with the words slightly altered.

he / him
From what I recall, the Ludacris rap was written for Chocolate (hence the final line, “in the crib now with Kylie Minogue”), but it was then repurposed and used in another released track with the words slightly altered.
Yeah, he recycled the verse for The-Dream's "Rockin' That Thang (Remix)," which is largely the same—the only difference that I noticed is that it cuts the mention of Kylie.