Kylie Minogue | Page 2446 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I only know because I googled it just last year dd

VivaForever likes this.

2. Time will pass you by is a cover. M People did that 'production that just sounds like every other M people song' to it. Literally pointless.

Anjoel40, kermit_the_frog and blod like this.
  3. Mmm I think every song on self-titled is a cover of sorts.

4. Oh my goodness, I never knew!!!

LPT and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  5. They all sound the same.

6. Yes, I remember being told at the time it was a Northern Soul classic. I had no idea then what that was.

letuinmybackdoor and burntoutcar like this.
  7. Scream. I didn't even know Tia Carrere sang!
    Apart from "Aloha Oe" in the Oscar-nominated smash hit film Lilo & Stitch, streaming now on Disney+.

zephyr and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  8. Some of them are completely new to me! (Queen did them better in my opinion of course)

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  9. Thanks for collating them, was looking for the Surrender one and forgot what it is.
    There's also this

enhanced CD likes this.
  10. The best songs on KM94 weren't covers, go figure!

11. OMG Surrender is a cover!!! :O

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  12. "Falling" doesn't count because it was a demo that eventually got released years after Kylie released her version on KM94. I can't say that I'm a fan of the production on the PSB demo. I love what Pete Heller and Terry Farley did with it for Kylie's version.

13. Surrender is one my favourites. Kylie’s voice is so good in it.

14. what’s the last video? It’s unavailable for me. I did not know about Where Is The Feeling!

15. It's Saint Etienne - Nothing Can Stop Us, not sure if this works

roblognick likes this.
  16. I am screaming, all that spiel about how Kylie was chosen to work with Lenny Kravitz's cousin was a scam, we really were fed any lie back then and ate it all up.

17. Oh wow! Didn’t know about that either.

18. I wonder if "Surrender" was a cover in a tradition sense or if it was a demo that was passed around to multiple artists around the same time. The gap between Tia Carrere's Dream and Kylie Minogue's Self-Titled was less than a year, so both artists could've recorded the track around the same time, but Tia was able to release her album first because Kylie was busy with Street Fighter. Especially because at that time, music was so regional. Did Dream receive a wide release?

19. I've currently got the 2 Kylie/Garibay collabs on in order on headphones, having had several drinks, and it honestly feels religious. I LOVE this off-kilter soundscape for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.