Kylie Minogue

I always got the feeling they resent it being her last top 10 and the fact it is one of her best selling singles.
I am 100% in this camp. As a song, it’s fine. It offers very little but is fairly inoffensive. However it pales in comparison to 90% of her discography, so I am proudly bitter about its success.

She doesn't seem to have much love for Into The Blue... Tweets to celebrate past hits and various anniversaries, but nothing for ITB. Fans twitted a lot about, she did nothing. How sad.
Shame too, it's a rather lovely song and still sounds great now I think. Guess the whole era probably brings back more bad memories than good.

I mean I don’t think even Kylie remembers Higher. Despite it being a hit she’s never done it on tour (bar a few nights on Aphrodite I think), left it off the GH album and hasn’t so much as referenced it since it was released. It remains a minor bop though.

Darren Hayes' new song came up on my Spotify release radar and I can't help but thinking that Kylie should be singing it and she would have killed the vocals.

I mean I don’t think even Kylie remembers Higher. Despite it being a hit she’s never done it on tour (bar a few nights on Aphrodite I think), left it off the GH album and hasn’t so much as referenced it since it was released. It remains a minor bop though.
I don’t know how true this is, but I heard that she doesn’t do the song because Taio dumped her for Travie McCoy on the US version. Allegedly it annoyed her and she refuses to acknowledge/perform the track ever again. Rightfully so, I think!

Reading about KM94 in this thread made me revisit it and I actually think it's top 5 fave Kylie for me. It's such a great album. I know Time Will Pass You By is generally disliked, but what is everyone's opinion on the Paul Masterson Mix? I actually thinks it makes the whole song a lot better and gives the production the much needed 90's house ooomph the original lacks.

But Radio 2 played the Kylie version. She was on her way out with Radio 1 by that point anyway. It was a clever move on Taio's teams part to capitalize on the demographics of the two main stations for a hit.
In the long run it doesn't matter since it is still recognised as a Kylie hit and the version with both her and Travie is sublime.

Just wish the single cover was better. Why is she staring so oddly at Taio's hand? The editing was really bad too which makes no sense when you see how stunning she was during the video shoot.

But Radio 2 played the Kylie version. She was on her way out with Radio 1 by that point anyway. It was a clever move on Taio's teams part to capitalize on the demographics of the two main stations for a hit.
In the long run it doesn't matter since it is still recognised as a Kylie hit and the version with both her and Travie is sublime.

Just wish the single cover was better. Why is she staring so oddly at Taio's hand? The editing was really bad too which makes no sense when you see how stunning she was during the video shoot.

Yes but at the time it was very clear that it was trying to regain some of the footing that she had lost with Radio 1 (the only radio station that really mattered at the time for singles success). The fact that Radio 1 dumped her for a different version was clearly not part of the plan given she had Radio 2 support at that time anyway.