Kylie Minogue

I wish there was a better pic of Baz and Kylie in Cannes

4e5bf4b0-dcea-11ec-bffd-fcad49481f8f

Mvnl

Staff member
So many issues with this for me. It's only 21 songs when it clearly should've been 25 since it was Kylie's 25 anniversary. The logos all over the place is confusing and messy, and then the front cover is quite lazy as well.

Plus Timebomb wasn't added in time. It's a mess.

Yeah it's the lack of Timebomb and the very random choices (Celebration??? Give Me Just A Little More Time?) for me. A one-disc Greatest Hits of hers is always gonna feel a bit disjointed (cause the SAW sound stands out so much between everything that came afterwards) but there's been better tracklists for the kind of compilations some labels churn out to cash in long after an artist has been dropped.

Mvnl

Staff member
Wasn't the reason Celebration / Give Me Just A Little More Time were easier to licence from PWL being covers? The latter was a huge hit too.

There probably was a reason for it, and Celebration obviously gets the casuals going but already felt like a 'will this do?' filler on its original Greatest Hits. I'm not even sure what I'd replace them with (Hand On Your Heart and Especially For You maybe?) A new song to make it feel more like an era might have helped, even if just Timebomb. As it was it feels like it was just.. not it?

There probably was a reason for it, and Celebration obviously gets the casuals going but already felt like a 'will this do?' filler on its original Greatest Hits. I'm not even sure what I'd replace them with (Hand On Your Heart and Especially For You maybe?) A new song to make it feel more like an era might have helped, even if just Timebomb. As it was it feels like it was just.. not it?
How have I just noticed Hand On Your Heart and Especially for You aren't on a Kylie GREATEST HITS album?! I brought the album to help struggling artist Kylie Minogue, but I kept going back to Ultimate Kylie.