Kylie Minogue

What do people think of the Brothers in Rhythm mix of 'Love is on the Line'?

This was meant to be on her 1994 album I think.

I love her BIG vocals!!!!

The Rapino Brothers produced the orignal (that also leaked a while ago). But this is my go-to version. It's such a good song and the vocal is fantastic. I believe BIR re-recorded it with her for inclusion on the cancelled CD2 of Where Is The Feeling? (or maybe the Time Will Pass You By single).

Assuming this version actually existed when the album was being put together, I can see why it, along with Love is Waiting were left off, even though I adore both, as they're a little too similar to ... Feeling? for a 10 track album.

The Rapino Brothers produced the orignal (that also leaked a while ago). But this is my go-to version. It's such a good song and the vocal is fantastic. I believe BIR re-recorded it with her for inclusion on the cancelled CD2 of Where Is The Feeling? (or maybe the Time Will Pass You By single).

Assuming this version actually existed when the album was being put together, I can see why it, along with Love is Waiting were left off, even though I adore both, as they're a little too similar to ... Feeling? for a 10 track album.

Agh! So they scrapped the 4th single because Nick Cave's Where the Wild Roses Grow came around.

(and probably after Where is the Feeling under-performed - which is a travesty because it's an amazing video edit and video)

I mean honestly even though I'd have liked a 4th single, she couldn't turn up the Nick Cave song.

I did not know this?

I can't find the original tracklisting but basically the original Hits+ had a few more unreleased songs - Love Is On The Line, For All I'm Worth, Aston Martin and a few more - they're all from the Rapino Brothers sessions I think so I guess it would have been their version on the album.

Didn't she also abandon the era midway through to go film Biodome and only pick up when she was done?

Correct, which is why there was such a big gap between singles. She filmed the (AMAZING) video for Where is the Feeling? on days off during filming if I remember correctly.

I guess Biodome delaying the album campaign, along with Where the Wild Roses Grow coming along meant plans were scrapped for single #4, despite the remixes being done. But @linum you're absolutely right, she could not pass up the duet.

I don't know for sure which version of Love is on the Line was going to be on the original Hits +, but I suspect the Rapino version, seeing as there were a couple of others from those sessions on the tracklisting, so I guess the original.

I'll take what we got from the KM94 campaign though, it was all incredible. Easily some of her best videos, visuals and music.

Agh! So they scrapped the 4th single because Nick Cave's Where the Wild Roses Grow came around.

(and probably after Where is the Feeling under-performed - which is a travesty because it's an amazing video edit and video)

I mean honestly even though I'd have liked a 4th single, she couldn't turn up the Nick Cave song.

Speaking of lost singles from around that time, I read that Mushroom Records wanted to release Kylie's cover of The Real Thing as a single. IP and Wild Rose were successes in Australia and it fits with that indie soundscape, but that Kylie didn't want it clashing with the upcoming pop sound of Light Years.

I'm not familiar with the original but I love the Kylie version. And the remixes are great.

[

Speaking of lost singles from around that time, I read that Mushroom Records wanted to release Kylie's cover of The Real Thing as a single. IP and Wild Rose were successes in Australia and it fits with that indie soundscape, but that Kylie didn't want it clashing with the upcoming pop sound of Light Years.

I'm not familiar with the original but I love the Kylie version. And the remixes are great.

[

I love how over twenty years later being a fan I still find out new things like this. What a career this woman has had!

What was single #4 meant to be? Time Will Pass You By?
Yes, though I believe it was the remix that was going to be the single, which in my eyes was pretty awful, all that 'do-da-be-do-da'-ing - it was the version she performed at T in the Park that summer as well.

Biodome was such a mistake, and she really should've prioritised the music - Put Yourself was November, Feeling July, and relegated to one CD at the last minute. A single in March would've kept the campaign going much better.

Yes, though I believe it was the remix that was going to be the single, which in my eyes was pretty awful, all that 'do-da-be-do-da'-ing - it was the version she performed at T in the Park that summer as well.

Biodome was such a mistake, and she really should've prioritised the music - Put Yourself was November, Feeling July, and relegated to one CD at the last minute. A single in March would've kept the campaign going much better.
I think when she released Confide it was a bit of a novelty ‘oh look, cute Kylie is going through a grungy stage’ - then they realised it was here to stay and she was actually attempting to be seen as a credible artist, then people lost interest and the backlash started. Sadly, I don’t think anything she released at that time was going to work as the general public had checked out. Thankfully none of us fell into that category however!