Kylie Minogue

He / him
Making a return to tell you I'm doing a B-Sides rank on YouTube. As per, read the rules, video should be up in about a week

https://forms.gle/EL6ZC4iwtPrCpsbL9

Ohh this sounds good. I’m not that familiar with Kylie’s bsides, so hopefully I’ll find some new favourites.

Some of her best songs seem to be bonus tracks for no clear reason. Sleeping with the Enemy, for example, was literally one of the best songs from the whole Kiss Me Once project. Crystallize is also really good.

I won’t vote as I don’t really know enough, but I hope you guys will show some love for Made of Glass. That song is an absolute earworm!

I like the idea of asking Kylie to released unreleased tracks... If she says yes to one, she may then release something else, or a compilation. Maybe for #K35...

I wonder what the politics with releasing unreleased stuff is. Wouldn’t Parlophone ultimately decide on whether to release On The Up? I think they’ve got the real treasure trove of unreleased Kylie, mainly from the Kiss Me Once era.

I wonder what the politics with releasing unreleased stuff is. Wouldn’t Parlophone ultimately decide on whether to release On The Up? I think they’ve got the real treasure trove of unreleased Kylie, mainly from the Kiss Me Once era.

it would really be on a case by case basis as to what the deals were with the producer/writer. If they were paid, then yes, it’s likely Parlophone would own the rights, if they were working on the basis that Parlophone would pay for anything they wanted to use, the writer/producer would own the rights.

I guess that’s why Red One would (apparently) have been able to delete his tracks with her.

Kylie will own the rights to all of her material within the next 5 years from what I understand, so it will be interesting to see if she approves of retrospective releases. Something like Pet Shop Boys Further Listening releases would be incredible.

it would really be on a case by case basis as to what the deals were with the producer/writer. If they were paid, then yes, it’s likely Parlophone would own the rights, if they were working on the basis that Parlophone would pay for anything they wanted to use, the writer/producer would own the rights.

I guess that’s why Red One would (apparently) have been able to delete his tracks with her.

Kylie will own the rights to all of her material within the next 5 years from what I understand, so it will be interesting to see if she approves of retrospective releases. Something like Pet Shop Boys Further Listening releases would be incredible.
Kylie owning the rights to all her music within 5 years, could quite possibly go either way in terms of the vaults being unleashed. Guess we'll just have to wait, see and hope!

It was an old comment on IG, but I noticed William Baker "liked" a comment about him possibly doing the styling for a Disco tour. Bless.

I noticed that Kylie doesn’t follow William Baker on IG. The last time she liked or commented on any of Baker’s posts of her was in 2020. Since then he’s posted loads on Kylie and she hasn’t reacted or liked to anything. So I don’t think him styling her again will ever happen.