Kylie Minogue | Page 2554 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The fact they even contemplated issuing it with a low quality cover is worrying. Unless that's just rubbish.

I hope we get some interesting vinyl colours. I'd love it on hot pink. They could really milk the fans by also having the alternative cover too.

-Jay- and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  2. The thing with the lenticular artwork for the 3D cover is it is EXTREMELY expensive to produce (I've been involved with some lenticular art production with photography). I think there would be a market for it, I for one would spend whatever they asked for a well-packaged 3D sleeved vinyl, but how big that market would be, I'm not sure. Then there will be all those fans who endlessly complain about the price, without knowing what goes into production.

Who knows, maybe one day we'll get lucky. For now, I'm just happy that we'll finally get this on vinyl. I'm with you on the hot pink, and orange would be good too.

-Jay- and bonnieetclyde like this.
  3. Stephan Sednaoui signings when.

ManilaChinchilla and blod like this.
  4. The 2003 rerelease was with the low quality images. And when BMG started organising the 2022 rerelease they were given the file images from that first rerelease. And Twitter says it’s since been sorted, that they’ve got it in HD and Sednaoui has also been contacted

IP is the Kylie album in my books. And to have it in large vinyl is really exciting.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  5. Hot Pink, would so be my choice too!

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  6. Yeah, I remembering seeing those re-releases in HMV and they looked like knock-offs. Awful.

7. ‘Almost A Lover’ came up on shuffle and god it’s seriously one of her sleekest songs ever, no? It’s so deceptively simple on the surface but there are so many awesome little details in the production. It’s a mood. It’s a vibe.

RRS, Womanizer, YourOwnThing and 6 others like this.
  8. "Almost A Lover" is perhaps my favorite b-side from the Body Language era for all of the reasons that you've listed. It's so sleek and sensual. I wish that it made the standard edition of the album instead of "I Feel For You."

9. The recent Ash album on BMG/Infectious was £50 for the lenticular version - so, that will give you an idea of how much a similar Kylie edition would be.

10. Well, I thought it would be in the hundreds at retail and would still be prepared to pay that so...

I guess with quantities and not being made in New Zealand means it's a fraction of the cost to produce than what I've been involved with!

Which really means there is no reason it can't be done.

11. Almost a Lover would’ve made the original album so much better. The Kylie co-written b-sides/ bonus tracks are better than a lot of the album tracks (City Games and Slow Motion too).

12. Almost A Lover is one of my post played Body Language era tracks.

YourOwnThing and Ferk like this.
  13. I want him to sign my pecs

14. Given the pricing for other Kylie merchandise that seems reasonable

15. Remember when I spent £45 on the Golden super deluxe vinyl book.

Remember.

16. It is beautiful though, the large-format book.

17. I always thought it was a shame Disco didn’t get the same super deluxe 12” book treatment. The Golden one is gorgeous, I know they made a few too many but you’d think there’s enough demand to justify doing them.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. 30 years on and still fabulous! I bet it's one anniversary Kylie won't acknowledge though ha ha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.