Kylie Minogue

I think we need something more substantial now. We know she does fun and light well, but it’s time to step out of her comfort zone. We don’t need another Impossible Princess, but a step that points more to artistic maturity and growth would be welcome.

I don't want "substantial" from Kylie. If she gives us sexy, slinky bops like Slow, which she has referenced for the next album, then I will be more than happy.

I don’t think she wants a new IP. Something more in line with Disco. Maybe not properly Disco 2, the comeback,but definitely something fun and light to have fun with. It has to fit well with
Disco tracks even considering the upcoming tour…

Substantial doesn't mean she can't be fun or sexy. She can craft songs that capture all of that if she does more than the bare minimum and works with producers who know how to properly produce.

Was listening to Where In The World recently, and as corny as it was, i actually get quite a lot of joy from it. I always felt like it was a lovely close to her PWL years that song. Would rather have had that over Celebration any day!

Regarding Sky Adams and his production skills, I honestly think he’s great and a great collaborator for Kylie. It’s all about mixing and mastering, which fail to bring out the depth in his production. Compare the original and extended versions of the Sky songs on Disco… both were produced by Sky but the extended versions really bring the songs to life and the production is much more… deep, inspired and luxurious? And it’s not because of the length of the songs, because the parts from the original versions sound great as well.

Hello, random request for information here. 'When The Cat's Away & 'Excuse My French', both killer tunes in my opinition, anyone knows if they were recorded by someone else? Seems like a wasted opportuity ... cheers

No, neither song was recorded by others. The leaked ones are sung by Mia J.
Excuse My French was actually recorded by Austrian singer Charlee for her 2010 album This Is Me, and it’s a bop in a 2010, slightly budget eurodance way! Sadly unable to stream in the UK, but it’s on Spotify so must be available somewhere in the world (maybe Austria). The lead single Boy Like You is also a bop.

Excuse My French was actually recorded by Austrian singer Charlee for her 2010 album This Is Me, and it’s a bop in a 2010, slightly budget eurodance way! Sadly unable to stream in the UK, but it’s on Spotify so must be available somewhere in the world (maybe Austria). The lead single Boy Like You is also a bop.

Flop me!