Kylie Minogue

I have always loved IP and loved the singles but I know a lot of people did not. Are there many who at the time did not like IP but now absolutely adore the album?

I’m gay but the sex that Kylie casually oozes in the Bliss video is so hot. I’m surprised the song is not more popular.

I was a toddler when it came out so didn’t really experience that era. Was its lack of success because of Princess Diana?

I’m gay but the sex that Kylie casually oozes in the Bliss video is so hot. I’m surprised the song is not more popular.

I was a toddler when it came out so didn’t really experience that era. Was its lack of success because of Princess Diana?

Not really. Her post PWL releases were a mixture of hit and miss and large gaps between releases. Indie Kylie just wasn't what the GP wanted from her. At all.

The sound that led the album (Some Kind of Bliss) was what had dominated the chart 2 years before and she was too late, plus there was a whole campaign from Chris Evans and Virgin Radio about banning her music

I think the biggest problem was the huge gap between releases. In that time she hadn't toured (other than a few festivals) and she completely disappeared from sight. Add that to releasing a song that her core fanbase had zero interest in and the campaign was doomed. IP is my favourite album but I could see how shockingly bad the campaign was for it.

Even things like the hideous sleeve for Did it again.

Screenshot_20220822-183450_Chrome.jpg