Kylie Minogue | Page 2577 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I hate Kids but enjoy it when she does it live. A mess.

jakeyfw, Jacques, shuper007 and 6 others like this.
  2. Or maybe Kylie doesn’t want a “disco” song this late in her Disco album campaign, and this close to a new campaign starting Q1.

The song is also pretty bad.

OSHi and YourLeadSinger like this.
  3. At this point I'm more tired of Wow, Locomotion and Especially For You than I am of Kids.

4. I don't hate Kids, but I'm tired of her performing it. The issue is that Kylie always trots out the same version of it, she doesn't remix it like some of her other hits. If she's determined to play Kids, she should transform it via a remix.

lob0to, jakeyfw and Ferk like this.
  5. It's the minute she says "okay, I need my girlies on stage for this one" you just know what's coming.

6. Yeah, a bathroom break.

MilesAngel, lob0to, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  7. Her vocal is very Kylie Christmas. She’s gone for cute rather than sexy this time it seems, even to the point of adding the annoying kiss she’s been accustomed to doing live after the “Couldn’t do what I wanted to do when my lips were dry” lyric. Keep it!

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  8. I always thought it was a kiss on the original but I see it’s just a moan/sigh that happens at that point.

9. 'Locomotion' was incredible on the Golden tour, but yes I'm done with it for good.

10. Did we ever hear what happened to the Mirwais collaboration? It sounded promising, but seems like the album may have been shelved?

11. The "Kids" slander around here is weird. I've always enjoyed it

12. Kids is not a Kylie song. It's a Robbie song. So Kylie fans not vibing with it is understandable. But she seems to love the song and that love has made it grow on me over the years. I quite like it now.

MilesAngel, Princeuk and djessie like this.
  13. Totally forgot about this!!! Another gem lost in the vault I expect.

14. I thought the last we heard earlier this year that he’s still working on the album and it’s planned for some time next year.

15. It's not though? It was specifically written for Kylie as a solo song and then turned into a duet.

elektroxx likes this.
  16. She also placed the radio edit on Light Years and I’m pretty sure it’s counted as a Light Years single too.

17. I meant its in his style musically. It sounds more like a song he would create than a standard Kylie track.

Wallow likes this.
  18. Mirwais has just released a book. So he's concentrating on that this year and music next year.

19. Kids is a fun song, it's probably less fun if you've been listening to it since it dropped. I go back and forth with it but it does have some kitchy cool gen x vibes. It was my first introduction to Kylie through it's spot on the Grand Theft Auto V playlist after vowing to never listen to her because of another homosexual who hurt me kii. So it was very satisfying to be able to swap radio stations, find it on, and make my friends listen to it as we played.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    Dynamo, AndrewX and Vasilios like this.
  20. Kids itself is great. It's loud and amped up with their personalities and was recorded at the best time it could have been. That said, I hope I never have to hear a live version again or have a desire to play this rerecording a second time.

Dynamo, OSHi and YourLeadSinger like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.