Kylie Minogue | Page 2581 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. You can easily draw a straight line from each of the songs on IP to a particular song or artist that was popular in the mid to late 90s. And that’s not a bad thing.

YourLeadSinger, Booers and OceanBlue like this.
  2. Could anyone point me in the direction of the new album thread please!

3. Wayne1978 likes this.
  4. letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  5. I was bored and browsing old threads where I read that Kylie's first and only time scoring a No. 1 hit in the UK with a non-lead single was with "Tears On My Pillow." That's wild.

Vasilios, YourOwnThing, blod and 2 others like this.
  6. Unless you want to consider it the first single from 'The Delinquents' soundtrack.

7. Ddd I love her cover of ‘Tears On My Pillow’ I don’t even care.

8. Tears On My Pillow, had the help I guess it came out at the end of Kyliemania during those first two years of her music career and before she reinvented herself with Better Devil You Know and a January release. Being featured in The Delinquents was an added selling point too. Shame though it was her sole UK #1 for the whole of the 1990s.

9. I love it as well

SecretSatisfaction and Ferk like this.
  10. I will always resent that it got a spot on the Anti-Tour setlist. She didn't deserve that title.

Womanizer and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  11. Didn't she do it for her Dad as it's his favourite?

12. These are my people

Ferk likes this.
  13. Yeah but he can also have a private performance for free at home every evening. He didn’t need to attend a rarities tour for it!

14. It's one I have been working on for ages!

Ferk, jvckkk and SecretSatisfaction like this.
  15. Random question about Do You Dare. There is NRG Mix and New Rave Mix but is there a 'normal' non-mix version?

16. We are ready. Your mixes are always the best.

[​IMG]

hawkings24 likes this.
  17. Do you mean an edit? If so:

If you mean a more traditional song, no there isn't. There's a rumour it was recorded as one but never released.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Booers like this.
  18. Thanks. Yeah I meant more the latter - but I don't necessarily mean as a traditional song, I just mean more that it was released as B-sides but in two mixes which were clearly labelled as such, I just wondered if there was a version that didn't have a mix name in brackets by it!

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  19. I remember an ~insider~ referring to the “original” mix of Do You Dare as the “Garage Mix” during the era of the 2012 PWL re-issues/box sets and when the PWL archives went onto iTunes.

I love Let’s Get To It but an album full of Do You Dares and Closers would be insane.

Rooneyboy, mcuk, Wired Life and 4 others like this.
  20. Apparently the original version of Do You Dare was more of a Chicago House track according to the liner notes of Let’s Get To It (deluxe).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.