Kylie Minogue

Tears On My Pillow, had the help I guess it came out at the end of Kyliemania during those first two years of her music career and before she reinvented herself with Better Devil You Know and a January release. Being featured in The Delinquents was an added selling point too. Shame though it was her sole UK #1 for the whole of the 1990s.

he/him
It's one I have been working on for ages!

We are ready. Your mixes are always the best.

i-deserve-it-htgawm.gif

Do you mean an edit? If so:

If you mean a more traditional song, no there isn't. There's a rumour it was recorded as one but never released.

Thanks. Yeah I meant more the latter - but I don't necessarily mean as a traditional song, I just mean more that it was released as B-sides but in two mixes which were clearly labelled as such, I just wondered if there was a version that didn't have a mix name in brackets by it!

I remember an ~insider~ referring to the “original” mix of Do You Dare as the “Garage Mix” during the era of the 2012 PWL re-issues/box sets and when the PWL archives went onto iTunes.

I love Let’s Get To It but an album full of Do You Dares and Closers would be insane.

I remember an ~insider~ referring to the “original” mix of Do You Dare as the “Garage Mix” during the era of the 2012 PWL re-issues/box sets and when the PWL archives went onto iTunes.

I love Let’s Get To It but an album full of Do You Dares and Closers would be insane.
Apparently the original version of Do You Dare was more of a Chicago House track according to the liner notes of Let’s Get To It (deluxe).

I don’t think Stock/Waterman had it in them for an album with songs like Closer / Do You Dare. They’re great b-sides but they sound incomplete.

They should have sent Kylie out to work with different producers for the fourth album.

Last edited:
he / him
They should have sent Kylie out to work with different producers for the fourth album.
It is strange that they let her work with other producers for Rhythm Of Love, but for the next album, it was strictly a SAW affair. It must've felt like a regression.

It is strange that they let her work with other producers for Rhythm Of Love, but for the next album, it was strictly a SAW affair. It must've felt like a regression.

I can imagine that was Pete's way of trying to reign her back in. They'd gave her an inch on the last album and she (expertly) took a four-music-videos-mile. I suspect that Pete was exactly like my old boss, full of ego and embellished stories that always centre him, and the second he thinks you're getting too professionally chummy with outsiders or anyone who can offer you other options, he throws the palace gates up and makes maneuvers to make everything difficult (for no real reason, other than his ego).