Kylie Minogue

99% of the shoots for the Body Language era are stunning.
Indeed, SO many looks
latest

EpK_EInUUAARSL5

1521.jpg

I was constantly looking through the album booklet at all of these. My favourite Kylie look I think.

Whatever came after Fever was always going to be the ugly sister, no matter what. :(

Promises and Obsession are very good, Slo Motion is top tier. Chocolate is one of her best singles and it gets paid DUST. The video and the song feel chocolately, queen of confectionery. Trippin Me Up/On The Up/I'm Sorry are such good demos and I would've loved them on the album too.

he/him
The phases of the Kylie General thread

Phase 1 - happy anniversary to *insert song/album/tour*
Phase 2 - she released the wrong singles from *insert album, usually X*
Phase 3 - Body Language is her worst album
Phase 4 - Body Language is her best album
Phase 5 - Yay! New album news!
Phase 6 - Shut up! This is Kylie General!

Last edited:

Phase I - happy anniversary to *insert song/album/tour*

You forgot: the [post Fever album] demos are better than the album tracks ! lol

Body Language, was my first Kylie album and so will always hold a special place in my heart for beginning my Kylie fandom almost 20 years ago now. But, that aside, it's just a solid album and will never tire of it.

Body Language wasn't my first Kylie album, but it was the first one I followed along online in real-time, so it's carved out a place in my heart. I was there in the morning ready for the premiere of "Slow" and was online the night when the album tracks eventually leaked, and watching the Money Can't Buy show and the EMA performance with the dodgy light-tube right through to the hot June monday morning where I picked up the "Chocolate" singles on the way home from a hookup and then got the Live DVD just in time for my annual leave fortnight.

Phase I - happy anniversary to *insert song/album/tour*

I think the Disco era has heralded a new phase which is the 'her lyrics are basic'.

I’m just watching Kylie at the BBC and Confide in Me is on.

If she were to do a dramatic reinvention for her next album, what would the 2023 equivalent of Confide In Me? Are there any more experimental genres/producers that are calling to Kylie?