Kylie Minogue | Page 2588 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Would you say those are experimental though? I feel like they’re just moody Kylie, but are still very pop. Confide In Me was a really bold new direction for her.

blod likes this.
  2. I just can't wait for 2023 Kylie and what she will bring next!

3. His production is "tinny".

4. She's got loads of unreleased moody songs she wrote with Jake Sheers.

5. Expanded anniversary editions of Fever, Body Language and X would be amazing. I feel like those are the albums with the most beloved unreleased/B-side material.

6. I always feel that Kylie + Jake work better on paper than in practice.

7. I think White Diamond, I Believe In You and Everything I Know are top tier.

8. Oh wow, what an thought this would be. So many amazing songs these two eras produced.

YourOwnThing and bonnieetclyde like this.
  9. White Diamond in its original Showgirl incarnation was amazing- but the piano ballad version is… a choice. I don’t really remember Everything I Know to be honest. And I Believe In You is okay- but it was surpassed and left in the dust by other similiar tracks in her canon such as The One and All The Lovers. I guess you can say “I Believe…” walked so the others could run?

Wishlight and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  10. I Believe In You is always in my top 3 list, I just love it. Wish it had been a number one (would’ve been if not for Band Aid)

11. Giving You Up was the superior Ultimate Kylie track in my opinion. One of her criminally overlooked singles! I don’t go back to often but when I do, it slaps.

12. The lyrics on the song are so precise but have an emotional punch. In hindsight it's the ethereal emotional pop sound she needed post cancer.

MilesAngel and Wayne1978 like this.
  13. Kylie... in Comeback Corner?

[​IMG]

LPT, Cowboystyle, Wishlight and 14 others like this.
  14. I didn't even realised I was typing away in Comeback Corner. I just saw the notification and started writing. But she has never really gone away.

15. It was announced today, all general threads are in the Comeback Corner. The mods just don't have the ability to rename the subforum.

MilesAngel, Wishlight, Island and 3 others like this.
  16. Ah, okay. I thought something was up but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  17. I always thought just Babydaddy from Scissor Sisters worked on those songs. I never knew Jake did as well.

Juango likes this.
  18. I forgot that Jake also helped write Too Much, which needs a proper live performance if the Anti Tour is anything to go off of.

19. Kylie needs an entire album working solely with Jake and Babydaddy of ‘White Diamond’ (the original upbeat dance song), ‘I Believe in You’, ‘Crystalise’ and ‘Too Much’ are anything to go by. Heck, even the Nervo Girls track, ‘The Other Boys’ feat Jake and Kylie goes off!

Just imagine 12-15 tracks all in the same vein! All killer, no filler!

20. This thread in the Comeback Corner seems sacrilegious.

“(Everything) I Know” is so gorgeous. A real shame it is rotting in the vault. Was it for the Ultimate Kylie sessions? “White Diamond” (original version) is also another song that should see the light of day. So odd the ballad version seems to the be definitive version. I really thought the K25/Anti-tour would get us a rarities compilation with these. Silly me!

I agree, it is such a rush. “I Believe In You” is stunning though but I have to be in the mood for it whereas as if “Giving You Up” comes on - I tend to leave it on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.